11) Deep Grave

This day's shaping up to be just like the last.

It was still Tuesday, that much had stayed the same.

Nothing has changed to me physically; I'm still broken like a four-legged spider. My body was still in a bad state.

I won't be repeating this for much longer, but, my sprain and my shoulder were still causing tremendous pain.

Currently, I was at my intended destination, Phantom's hideout.

God, that sounded weird. It felt like I was vigilante, exploring the dastardly layer of my arch-nemesis. This didn't feel real, and yet it was.

I was exploring a place that I hadn't been to for a long time. A place where an offer had been proposed and my life went to shit.

I repressed the surge of a memory-lapse that I felt upon looking at the warehouse.

It was her headquarters alright.

At the moment, I had just jumped a caged fence and found myself hiding behind an old rusty barrel.

Looking around, no one was in sight, but, they would have eyes everywhere. They had cameras, they were certainly around here, hidden well, but still detectable if you knew what you were looking for. Small things like, headlights in an demolished car could have a camera popped in place, or what looks to be a hole in shoddy foundation would be the perfect peek hole for a camera's peering eye.

I had to be attentive.

I was here to find Deroc. Calling him had lead me back here, to her.

I don't know why he was here, I wasn't even sure if he was here.

This place was unsafe for me to go to wearing my uniform. I had taken the liberty of grabbing some clothes that had no distinct features, returning my uniform back home and grabbing the skeleton mask I had worn from the prior Halloween, as a means to hide my face.

Securing the face mask on my head, I made my way through the rusty remains surrounding the warehouse.

This place must have been an old car factory; blocks of old, shoddy, metallic remains and disheveled cars practically filled the place. I doubt it would be cleaned up any time soon.

There weren't gang members guarding the place, too obvious.

I grabbed a large brick from the ground.

I had to find something out of place, I was mainly looking for wires within the gravel. Their were cameras, I had been here before, inside the warehouse was a room filled with a security feed of the parameter around the building. I just hoped they had it all wired together. This place needed to be easily disposable, if it was raided by the police then the evidence had to be at a bare minimum. Locations of particular things like cameras had to be scarce and hidden, leaving holes in the security that I could easily bypass.

Surveying the area, I took a quick dash behind a wall made from the metallic blocks of old and misused cars. These cars' all had stories, from: car crashes, not paying a fee and just being unusable due to age. But those stories didn't matter to me. To me, these cars, and their remains, were nothing more than just cover to hide behind.

The blocks I hid behind formed shoddy little stepping stones to climb up. The foundation I climbed up was insecure and a safety hazard. Like a game of Jenga, except that you'd lose the second even a single block went out of place.