Chapter Eleven: A Fool's Paradise

Rose Davis

I drank the juice excitedly. I hadn't had something that good in so long! I was even able to forget about Mahal. Fawkes and Daniel had buried him somewhere in the woods, at an unmarked grave. I could tell Fawkes was upset about the death, but I don't know why. Alan was also upset, but he took it to the max. He hadn't left his room since getting punched by Fawkes.

"Well Fawkes, seems we now have three little piggies in the house, which one do'ya want first?" Daniel joked, keeping his eyes on mine. He really was hot, I thought to myself, and funny. A lot better than Fawkes anyway.

"Oh shut up Daniel," one of the girls (I was pretty sure Fawkes said her name was Melody) said. She was ugly, her only good feature being her eyes. But even then, those are weird.

"You shut up," Daniel said back. Fawkes slapped the back of Daniel's head before turning his attention back to me.

"Are you done now?" Fawkes asked. I had been taking my time, eating all sorts of things that they have which we at Deathville didn't have.

"Maybe...do you have ice cream?" I asked. That sounded really good.

"Sorry Rosebud (Ugh, another nickname!), but this isn't the supermarket," Daniel said, "If it was I'd be eating a Pop-Tart."

"I like Pop-Tarts!" The other girl (Mary or something like that) said. She was one of those desperate-for-attention, thinks she's all cute kind of girls.

"Daniel, take Marie and Melody back to the apartment," Fawkes said. Daniel glared at him, but eventually did as Fawkes said. Melody left with only an annoyed sigh, and Marie skipped like an eight-year-old after him.

"So Roses," Fawkes said, "Who is this Pete guy? He's your leader, right?"

"Yeah, and he's stupid," I said, "He doesn't know what he's got till he doesn't have it."

"And you're referring to yourself?" Fawkes asked, raising an eyebrow. I smiled. Wasn't it obvious I meant myself? "So you like him then..."

"No!" I said, "He's not cute at all, and he's a little—weird. Very dorky. He was really popular at school, but it was not cuz of his looks."

"Did he like you?"

"Yeah, still does. I used to like him a little, but not anymore. I mean, I've been here for how long? And he hasn't even come looking for me!"

"True, he's a jerk."

"A total jerk...you know, compared to you he's a twig," I lowered my head and looked up at him, lowering my long eyelashes a little. I could swear he stopped breathing for a moment.

"Really?" He crossed his arms behind his head in a relaxed position, flexing his large biceps. It's no wonder he was the leader, and he did have a rather good looking body. Not quite my tastes, but not all that bad either. If I hadn't known Daniel or Alex, than I would want him in a flash.

"Yeah," I gave a small giggle, "But he does have a really hot friend..." I looked up at him, watching for his reaction.

"Who?" Fawkes asked, frowning a little.

"Alexander Roman," I said the name in a love-struck sigh. 

"Alex huh? And was he a wimp like his buddy?" Fawkes asked.

"Oh no," I said, "He's extremely hot, maybe even more than Daniel!" For a moment I thought about it, wondering who the hotter one was. Daniel...or Alex? In a way, they're kinda like twins. Alex was the lighter of the two and Daniel was the darker.

"Even though I know he likes me," I said, "He won't say anything cuz he knows Pete likes me." I sighed. "So he's just a fantasy...and besides, if he can't stand up to Pete for me than he's weak just like him. And I don't want that. I need a strong guy..." I looked at Fawkes and gave a shy smile, making sure to eye his muscles so that he noticed. It was just too easy. I knew once I had him under my control (as I knew I already did) I could convince him to let me go. Then I can go back to Pete and the rest of them, and be a hero by telling them where Fawkes' gang is. That would show them.

That would show Pete.

"Well then Roses, seems we have a deal," Fawkes said, giving that half- smile of his. It had taken a little longer than I thought to get him to agree to let me go, but finally I had won.

"Daniel!" Fawkes yelled. Within moments, Daniel was standing next to him. Maybe Fawkes was the better choice, I thought to myself. He controlled everything. Even Daniel.

"We're gonna take a little trip," Fawkes said to Daniel.

"Where?" Daniel asked. His beautiful bright blue eyes twinkled.

"To the other side of the island," Fawkes said. Daniel didn't seem to believe him at first, but after Fawkes gave a little nod, Daniel quickly smiled. He looked at me. His smile was the picture of dazzling.

"Seems you won him over huh?" Daniel asked. I didn't say anything, though I saw Fawkes frown.

"Okay Roses, you can take Daniel's bed," Fawkes said to me, while untying the ropes holding my hands and feet together.

"Just so you know, I prefer being on top," Daniel winked at me.

"You, Daniel, are going to be with me. We have some...business...to talk about," Fawkes said, again nodding at Daniel. I was surprised Daniel didn't put up some fight, or at least argue. Okay, if he doesn't want me that bad, than I don't want him at all! I told myself.