Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

6 MONTHS LATER... 

"Are you sure about this, Liam?" El asked as she helped Liam to his car.

"Yes, El. Of course I am," he snapped at her, holding his belly.

"Shouldn't you just be resting? You're already 6 months pregnant, so you shouldn't be driving now. This is making me nervous," she said anxiously. "Maybe we should go back in your house."

Liam slapped her hands away and made his way to his car by himself, ignoring her protests. "El, if you're not gonna support me, then just stay here. I'm just gonna go to the grocery store quickly, then come back. It'll take like 20 minutes or so. I'm just really craving some banana and Nutella."

"But Harry said to make sure you stay in the house," she added.

"Screw what Harry said! He's just some over-possessive old man addicted to sex," Liam countered.

El sighed in frustration but followed him to the car nonetheless. Liam got in the driver's seat and was about to start it, but then someone grabbed his hand to stop him. A very familiar someone, at that.

He groaned and leaned back against his seat. "Harry, I'm craving food we don't have at home."

"Yeah? Well, you don't have to be the one driving. And I already told you to stay in the house. Let El buy you whatever you want," Harry said angrily.

"I'm sick of being trapped in our house, Harry. I'm not letting you stop me," Liam said stubbornly.

"Get back in the house, Liam," his husband said sternly.

However, the younger of the two just crossed his arms over his chest and looked forward. Harry sighed and opened the car door, pulling Liam out. El's eyes widened and went over to make sure Harry didn't hurt Liam.

"Harry, you might hurt him!" she cried out.

"I'm not, El. I just want him to get back inside our home. He knows he's not allowed out and driving," he argued. "Come on, Liam. Inside the house, now."

Liam sighed and pulled away from Harry, stomping his way back to the house. "I hate you! You never let me do anything!"

"Don't be such a child, Liam. You know I just want you to be safe for yourself and our baby," Harry said.

"Whatever!" Liam stomped his way up the stairs and shut their bedroom door.

Harry groaned and sat on a couch in their living room. El followed him and sat across from him on the other couch.

"You okay, Harry?" she asked softly.

"Liam's driving me insane," he muttered, face in his hands. "I mean, why can't he just understand that I want him to be safe for our baby? He's being so difficult. Even more with this pregnancy."

"I know, but that's what comes with being pregnant. You remember how I was with Louis, right?"

He nodded and looked up. "But you were never as bad as Liam. He's always mad at me and yells for every little thing I do. Even when it's not wrong!"

"But he's been like this before with his other pregnancy," she reminded him.

"No, definitely not. He's so much worse," Harry retorted. "How am I supposed to keep handling this for another 3 months?"

"You've been doing great already. You can keep doing it," El said encouragingly.

Looking up at the ceiling, Harry sighed and closed his eyes. "I'm trying so hard, El. He's making everything so hard. I'm so tired."