Chapter 21

Chapter 21

NINE MONTHS LATER... BIRTH OF DYLAN'S BABIES!

"Are you sure you have everything?" Liam asked frantically over the phone at bloody 5 o'clock in the morning. "This is very important, Dylan. You need to make sure you have everything you need for the babies."

"Yeah, Dad. I got everything in the bag," his son answered as he threw the bag in the back seat, then got into the driver's seat to start the car.

Just when Dylan was about to drive out of the driveway of his and Maddy's house, he heard his girlfriend call out to him from the front door. "DYLAN! You freaking left me here! Don't you dare drive off without me, you idiot!"

"You forgot  your pregnant girlfriend?" Liam questioned in disbelief on the phone.

"Yeah, okay, I did. Don't need to rub it in. I'm freaking out right now, so I kinda forgot to bring the most important thing," Dylan responded, getting out of the car and running to Maddy's side. "Sorry, love."

"Oh, shut up. I can't believe you forgot about me. I'm  the one who's about to give birth, you know?" she countered as he helped her sit in the passenger's side.

After Maddy was seated and had her seatbelt on, Dylan ran back to the driver's side and started pulling out of the driveway with his cellphone on speaker. "Dad, we're heading to the hospital now. I'll call you back after Maddy gives birth to the triplets."

"Sure. Tell her good luck, cuz I know she'll need it," Liam returned, then hung up the phone with a tired sigh.

"They're having the babies today, huh? I wonder how that's gonna be like, having triplets," Harry asked beside him on their bed, yawning and pulling Liam closer in his arms.

"I'm just glad they're on their way to the hospital and that I  didn't have to triplets," said the younger man. "Can you imagine if she has to give birth to triplets naturally? And with Dylan  in the room? He ran out and threw up in the washroom at the hospital for half an hour when Abby  was born."

Harry chuckled and nuzzled his face in Liam's neck. "I remember that. Had to drag him back in the room with Ethan's help. He won the bet, though."

"Think he'll be able to stay in the room with Maddy while she gives birth to three  babies?"

"Hell  no! He'll be lucky to even last through the hours of labour with her before the births. I think he'll either pass out when the first baby's just starting to get pushed out, or he'll run out of the room."

"I should've wished him luck too, then," Liam said sleepily, eyes closing as he turned to face his husband.

"They'll both need it," Harry muttered, arms tightening around Liam before they both fell asleep.

~~~

5 HOURS LATER... THE TRIPLETS ARE BORN! 

Liam, Harry, the twins, and Abby made their way to the room where a nurse informed them Dylan, Maddy and their newborn triplets were. Claire was skipping ahead of everyone else, holding three balloons and Ethan was carrying a small bouquet to give Maddy from all of them to congratulate her on giving birth to three babies.

Their parents lingered back a bit, taking their time to walk to the room as they held hands and talked.

"I can't believe we're about to see our first grandchildren," Liam said in awe, squeezing Harry's hand. "I'm too young to be a grandfather. I thought I'd still have a few more years before they had any kids; especially Dylan."