Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Ethan - " Liam called out as his eldest child rushed up the stairs to his room after Liam had just picked his children up from school.

"Don't wanna talk!" the boy said back, slamming his bedroom door shut.

Liam sighed and turned around to see his other children just entering and closing the front door behind them. Dylan looked confused, but Claire looked up the stairs with a frown, making Liam assume that she knew what upset her twin brother.

"Claire, what happened t- "

"Dad, just... give him some time, okay? It's better if he tells you what happened. It's personal," she replied.

"You won't even tell me? I'm your brother!" Dylan complained.

"And he's my twin. I have respect for his personal 'issues', and so should you and everyone else," Claire concluded, patting his cheek before walking to the kitchen.

Dylan sputtered and put a dramatic hand on his chest. "Did she just - How dare she, Dad! I deserve to know! I'm the cute one!"

"I'm sure we'll know eventually, Dyl," his Dad assured with a soft smile. "Why don't you grab a snack and start your homework, yeah? I need have a chat with your Papa quickly."

"Fine. But if you find out before me, then I'm throwing a fit," the boy said determinedly.

After his youngest son walked to the kitchen, Liam sighed and walked to Harry's office. His husband just walked out of it, frowning when he saw Liam's somber and worried expression. Giving him a comforting hug, Harry looked down at Liam and caressed his cheek lovingly.

"What's wrong with Ethan? I heard him slam his door, and you know how I feel about that."

"Don't. He needs some alone time, apparently," said Liam. "He looked so upset and angry for whatever reason, but he wouldn't talk about it or even say anything. I'm pretty sure Claire knows, but she thinks Ethan should be the one to tell us himself."

"Think something happened with his girlfriend?" Harry suggested, making Liam blink up at him.

With a little more thought, Liam pulled away and asked, "You think so?"

"Yeah. I mean, they were bound to go through drama in their first relationships, right? Maybe something happened between him and Ella? They could've broken up... or she could have had the guts to cheat on him? No matter how stupid that sounds, she probably did do that."

"Let's not jump to conclusions like that, Harry," Liam scolded his husband. "Let's wait until he's ready to talk."

"Fine. But if I'm right, you have to ride me tonight," the older father declared with a smirk.

"In your dreams," Liam muttered as he walked away.

"You always are, babe!" Harry called back as he chuckled and walked back in his office with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She cheated on you?!" Dylan's voice boomed from upstairs.

"And there he goes," Claire muttered with a roll of her eyes as she was watching a show with her parents.

"Li," Harry whispered at his husband on the other side of their daughter, since she decided to sit between them again. "Li. Hey, Li!"

"What, Harold?"

"I was right," the curly-haired lad claimed, waving his arms up goofily.

Claire nudged at him to stop and asked, "You guessed that Ethan's girlfriend cheated on him? Why, Papa?"