Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A MONTH LATER - CLAIRE & TIM'S WEDDING DAY! 

"There she is!" Ethan said when he and his brother entered the room where Claire has just finished getting into her wedding dress.

"Hey- Hey!" Dylan exclaimed. "Look at our sister, Ethan! Doesn't she look like a wedding dress model?"

"Oh, hush. You're just trying to suck up to me," Claire countered, looking at herself in the mirror.

"You do look lovely, Claire," Liam agreed, smiling at his eldest daughter and trying his best to not cry at the moment.

"Wait until the reception to let it all out, love," Harry murmured behind him, kissing his husband's cheek and wrapping his arms around the other's waist. "Don't make her cry so her make-up doesn't run before she walks down the aisle. Tim might make a run for it if he saw her like that."

Their daughter made a noise in protest, looking away from the mirror and glaring at Harry. Her brothers chuckled as softly as they could so Claire wouldn't turn on them. Thankfully, she was fully focused on their Papa.

"Excuse me, Papa. Tim would not even dare run out on me. He loves  me and is marrying me in... about ten minutes. Holy s***. It's happening in ten minutes," Claire breathed out.

"No, no. Don't start hyperventilating on us," Liam cut in, immediately grabbing his daughter's shoulders to calm her down. "Breathe with me, sweetie. You need to stay calm before you walk down that aisle to the love of your life."

"Is that what you had to do when you were about to marry me ?" Harry asked teasingly.

That earned him a glare from Liam, who said, "You are not  helping right now, Harold. Can you try and do something productive like keep your daughter calm?"

"Fine," the older father gave in, sighing overdramatically as he approached her. "Claire, I want you to close your eyes and hold my hands. Now take deep breaths and think about how happy you're gonna be when you're up the altar with Tim... Then think about your future together, when you m- move out and have your own k- kids; then your own g- grand kids... I can't! I'm getting too emotional!"

"You're so ridiculous," Liam muttered, waving a crying Harry away from their daughter.

"She's all grown up now! I can't even - Our first daughter is getting married today, Li! It's too much!"

With a roll of his eyes, Liam instructed their sons to lead their Papa out in the hall. "Yeah, yeah, honey. Now go wait outside and get a hold of yourself. You're gonna make Claire cry."

"Thanks a lot, Papa! I'm starting to get teary-eyed! Crap!" Claire said in frustration, fanning her face with her hands.

"Don't touch your face! Just... Breathe and ignore everything your Papa said," Liam informed her.

"Think about ponies, rainbows, and - and unicorns ! Don't girls like that stuff?" Dylan suggested as he and Ethan were leading their Papa out in the hall. "Unicorns are cool, right? And pegasus with wings? - Pegasi? What are they called?"

"Yeah, I guess that's what they're called - Let's just go out already! Papa's snot is starting to run," Ethan rushed out the door with a wave back at Claire and Liam.

Letting out a soft laugh, Claire smiled and waved her brothers out, turning to Liam. "Dad, you think I made the right decision about today?"

"About marrying Tim? Yeah, I think so. I mean, you are happy with him, right?"