Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Dad?" Dylan called out from the hallway outside of Lirry's bedroom.

"Yes, Dyl?" Liam said as he opened the door, looking down at his youngest child. "Something wrong?"

"Just wondering... Are you having another baby?" the boy asked hopefully, eyes wide and puppy-like. Totally got that from Liam.

His Dad blinked at him, then sneered when he realized why Dylan, of all his children, was asking him this question. He's been hearing his lovely, yet oh-so-irritating husband ask him the same exact thing for the past week.

And every time, Liam would say 'no', as he hadn't been feeling sick or any other indications that he was pregnant. Of course, Harry wasn't happy with that reply, so he would literally make Liam take a pregnancy test just to make sure. Yet, Liam was right; he still wasn't pregnant, much to Harry's dismay.

Now, Liam eyed his son suspiciously as the boy avoided looking straight into his Dad's eyes, making him look nervous and all the more suspicious.

"Dyl, did your Papa make you ask me that question?" Liam asked calmly, although he was pretty irritated on the inside. But he would have to take it out on his husband, since Dylan was pretty much a 'victim' here as well.

"Um... I - I can't tell you?" Dylan denied, shaking his head and chuckling awkwardly.

"Fine. Where's your Papa then?"

The boy blinked up at his Dad with now watery eyes and quivering lips. Liam knew that trick all too well, since he'd practically used it when he was around Dylan's age. Sometimes he still uses it now to his advantage; but only when necessary.

"Please don't be mad at me, Daddy! I'm a good boy! I'm the good child in this family!" Dylan blurted out.

"Aw, Dyl, I'm not ma- "

"No! Dad, you don't understand! Papa made me do it! Be mad at him; not me! Or, don't be mad at him, cuz I don't like it when you guys fight. Please, just - just love each other! I don't even care if you keep trying to make a baby. Just as long as you don't fight anymore! PLEASE!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Dyl," Liam said soothingly, hugging his son comfortingly. "I just need to talk to your Papa, okay? He's been annoying me with that question all week."

Pulling away from the hug, Dylan looked up at his Dad with a sniffle. "Y- you're not gonna fight with him though, right? I really don't like it when you fight."

"I know, Dyl. I promise we won't fight in front of you and the twins anymore, okay?" Liam soothed.

"Okay. No more fighting," Dylan beamed, hugging Liam again.

"So, where's Papa?"

"In his office room," Dylan replied with a smile. "He said he'd pay me double my allowance if I asked you about the baby. But just to be clear, are you having another baby?"

Liam smiled and shook his head, saying, "Last time I checked, - which was this morning, - I'm not pregnant. I'll let your Papa know personally."

"Yes!" Dylan celebrated softly, although Liam heard it clearly. "I mean - Aw, man. No baby, you say?"

"Why? You don't want another sibling?" his Dad asked curiously.

"Well, I'm the baby of the family. It's gonna be different and sad for me if you have a new baby and you'll forget all about me, cuz I won't be as cute as the baby. Then I'll be alone and crying in the corner - "

"No, Dyl! No, that's not gonna happen, okay? I promise you that," Liam assured his son, feeling upset that he felt that way. "You're always gonna be important and cute to me and your Papa. Always. That's never gonna change."