Chapter 18

Chapter 18 

As Liam came down the stairs after a long nap he thought was well-deserved in this house, he heard Abby cry out in annoyance from the living room. He let out a tired sigh and walking into the living room to see Ethan getting hit by his little sister as he tried to keep her at arms length.

"Dad! Abby's freaking out for no reason!" he exclaimed, then squawked when Abby stepped in his private area down there.

"What did you do, Ethan?" Liam asked, picking up Abby from his eldest son.

"Nothing! She just started throwing a tantrum when I said she couldn't have a cookie," the teen answered, then rubbed his arm. "She's just five, but man,  can she throw a punch. Pretty sure I have a  bruise now."

The brown-eyed man chuckled and kissed Abby's cheek. "Why didn't you just let her have a cookie?"

"Because she already had four! You know how she gets when she eats too much cookies, Dad. She turns into the freaking Energizer bunny," Ethan returned, getting up from the ground.

"Is that true, Abby?" Liam asked playfully, tickling his youngest child playfully.

"I want a cookie, Daddy. Ethan not give me one," she said with a pout, sniffling and putting her head on Liam's shoulder cutely. Without Liam seeing, though, she glared at her brother and stuck her tongue out.

"Oh! Dad, did you see that? She just stuck her tongue out and glared at me!" Ethan cried out as he pointed at her.

But Abby lifted her head from Liam's shoulder and gave Liam a really cute and sad expression. "Daddy, Ethan yelling at me. I don't like when he yell at me."

"I know, baby. Me too," her Dad responded, giving his son a stern look. "Be nice to your sister, Ethan."

"What?!  Are you kidding me? You're taking her side over mine? I'm telling the truth!" Ethan sputtered out, waving his hands at Abby, who gave a small, satisfied smirk  back at him. "See! Dad, she's just playing you! She literally just smirked  at me and she's only five!"

"Stop trying to get your baby sister in trouble. Have you no shame, Ethan? Like, really," Liam scoffed, carrying Abby into the kitchen with him.

The teen let out a grunt and sat on the couch in frustration. As Liam was about to turn into the kitchen, he noticed that Abby was smiling so wickedly  and waved back at him. Ethan's eyes widened and he stood back up from the couch to shout out to Liam.

"DAD! Dad, she just gave me this evil look!"

"Stop lying, Ethan! You know better!" Liam called back as he set Abby on the kitchen counter and looked in the fridge for a snack for her.

"What a little manipulative devil," Ethan muttered as he sat back on the couch.

"I heard that! Stop calling your little sister a devil, Ethan! She's very well-behaved; you know that," his Dad said loud enough for his son to hear.

"Whatever!"

Harry came walking into the kitchen then from the backyard, chuckling as he saw his husband roll his eyes at Ethan's response. "You know, love. Maybe Ethan's right. Abby might be all 'sweet angel' around us, but really 'devil-like' to his siblings; especially Ethan, who she doesn't seem to like at all."

"Don't say that about our daughter. She's the sweetest child ever," Liam scolded him, kissing Abby's forehead and giving her some yogurt to eat.

"Even sweeter than Dylan, who was your favourite child?"