Chapter 14

Chapter 14

*A/N: Dedicated to @MirandaLStyles, because she always leaves comments on this story and I REALLY appreciate them! They make my day when I know that you guys appreciate my attempt at comedy/trying to make this story funny and enjoyable to read!

I <3 comments and getting feedback from you, readers! Feel free to leave as many as you want on any chapter!* <3 x

6 MONTHS LATER... 

"So, do we just stand here and hold this or...?" Ethan asked in uncertainty.

"You're fishing, Ethan. You have to wait for the fishes to come to you," Liam informed his eldest son patiently while Harry just sighed in frustration.

"They're not into fishing either, are they?" the older lad said with a grunt.

Liam smiled at him sadly and sat on Harry's lap, putting his arms arouns Harry's neck. "Apparently. I don't think they like camping very much. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. I'm sorry for even bringing it up, honey."

"Not your fault that our kids can't enjoy this," Harry assured him, eyeing their kids.

"I just wanted our family to bond over something. I thought camping might work," Liam stated with a frown.

"Don't blame yourself, love. We'll just make them enjoy this anyway," said his husband determinedly, watching as their kids sighed and laid back on the dock in boredom.

Getting up from Harry's lap, Liam let Harry lead him to the three youngens to get them excited. Milo and Nyko were running around, clearly enjoying being outside more than the kids. Liam smiled at them and gestured at them to get in the water to splash the children by the dock.

"Ah! Milo, Nyko!" Claire exclaimed as she and her brothers got splashed with water.

"They're trying to tell you three to stop pouting and enjoy the water," Liam called out from behind them as he walked hand in hand with Harry towards them.

"But what if the water's dirty and we get an infection or something?" Dylan questioned.

"What's with you and infections?" Ethan demanded.

Dylan scoffed and stood up to emphasize his words. "Because infections are nasty! I don't wanna die from them! I'm too cu- "

" - cute. Yeah, we know," his siblings finished his sentence with eye rolls.

"You best know me," the younger boy announced, wiping water from his legs. "Dad, Papa, do we really have to swim in that? Milo and Nyko might get sick since they're already in there. I think we should just go to a resort or something cleaner."

"What a diva," Ethan muttered to Claire, who giggled softly.

"The water's fine, Dyl. We wouldn't have chosen to camp here if it wasn't," Harry informed him.

"Now get in the water, you three! Have some fun and swim!" Liam encouraged them as he pointed to the water.

They groaned, but slowly sat up and scooted over to the edge of the dock. They dipped their feet in, feeling the cold water and retreating their feet back up. Liam rolled his eyes and sat beside Dylan, pulling Harry to his other side.

"You three promised us that you would at least try enjoying this trip, right?" the younger father asked.

"Yeah, we did, Dad. But camping isn't really our thing," Claire responded, looking at the water with a shudder. "And what if something happens to us out here. We're in the woods, you know?"