Chapter 8

Chapter 8

10 YEARS LATER...

"No. Absolutely not," Harry said sternly, standing up from the couch and in front of Claire.

"But Papa - "

"Claire, go to your room," Harry countered harshly, pointing up the stairs.

"Ugh. You never let me do anything!" Claire said overdramatically, making Liam chuckle from the couch Harry was sitting on before with him.

Liam knew that Claire was just playfully trying to put on a show of a spoiled child who couldn't get what she wanted. She usually did that when her Daddy was in the room as she and Harry argued over small things. It made Liam laugh, amused by his daughter's antics.

Harry glared at Liam briefly, turned to back to his daughter. "Claire Hope Payne-Styles, you go upstairs to your room and you think about what you've just told us. And don't even think about sneaking out like your twin brother did last time. I caught up to him in a minute. Don't think I won't know what you're planning."

"I'm not like Ethan at all!" Claire argued, glaring back at Harry. "And all I said was Timmy asked me out on a da- "

"Oh. So now he's 'Timmy'? He was just Tim a minute ago!" the curly-haired lad demanded.

"Well, he's really cute, so he deserves to be called 'Timmy'," she said with a dreamy smile, walking to stand in front of Liam. "Daddy! He has, like, the nicest blue eyes and black hair. He's so sweet and he gave me a note back in kindergarten that said he liked me! And he still likes me! Can you believe that, Daddy?"

Liam smiled up at her, saying, "That's great, sweetie! You must really like him."

"How could I not?" Claire returned, sitting beside Liam and sighing dreamily, putting a dramatic hand on her forehead.

"Woah, woah. No swooning allowed, Claire," Harry cut in, waving towards her with frantic hands. "And Liam, how could you support this? She's too young to go out on a da- I can't even say it!"

"Don't worry, Claire. Papa's just going into 'overprotective mode' right now. He'll get over it eventually," Liam whispered to his daughter, making her laugh.

The older father snapped his fingers at Liam to get their attention back. Liam chuckled and smiled up at his husband, putting an arm around Claire's shoulders for comfort. Harry narrowed his eyes at Liam, although it didn't have any effect on him.

"Li, she's only fourteen. I didn't even start dating till I was over a hundred! I think she can survive that," Harry continued. "And did you say he liked you all the way back in kindergarten? You said you two were just 'friends'!"

"Harold, clearly our daughter learned to lie at a very young age, cuz I  didn't even notice her and Tim were dating back then. I definitely did not teach her that," Liam commented.

"Oh my gosh! Dad, Papa, Tim and I weren't dating all the way back then! Even agree that was too young. I just had a crush on him. I guess we just... waited for each other to grow up," Claire said desperately.

"You are so not done 'growing' yet, missy," Harry interrupted. "Wait till you get your period. It'll be torture; just saying."

Claire gaped at him and covered her ears. "EW! Papa, I don't wanna talk about that now! Especially not with you!"

"Plus, she already got hers last year," Liam added nonchalantly.

"Sh- she already got it l- last year - How the hell did I, her other father, not know this?!" Harry demanded, fuming at Liam now.