Chapter 10

Chapter 10 

The next day, the whole family was up early to eat breakfast together before the children went to school. Liam had just set the plates of food on the table, eyeing his husband as Harry sat and stared at Claire intensely. The boys looked between the two of them, not daring to make a sound.

"So... how was your date yesterday, Claire?" Liam asked, starting some small talk to this awkward silence.

"Right. How was your 'date' with Timothy? Should we be expecting a grandchild sometime soon?" Harry demanded.

Claire covered her face with a hand and exclaimed, "No! Oh my gosh, Papa! Like, what the heck?!"

"I just assumed, since you were wearing that piece of cloth for him last night," Harry continued, taking a sip of his coffee as he stared at his daughter accusingly.

"We didn't do anything like that, okay? He just took me to out to a diner and we talked about stuff. Then he took me home," Claire said slowly, making sure that Harry understood everything.

"Whose home?" her Papa questioned.

"Harold, that's enough. Clearly Claire enjoyed her first date with Tim and he brought her back here, to our home," Liam cut in, narrowing his eyes at his husband. "Stop accusing our daughter and her date for something that they obviously didn't do."

Their daughter smiled at him gratefully and started eating as her brothers dug in as well. Harry sighed and raised his hands up in defense when Liam gave him a stern look.

"I'm just worried about them 'doing' each other," the older father muttered, earning a kick to the shin under the table from Liam.

"Dad just kicked Papa!" Dylan declared excitedly.

"Yeah, he did," Harry breathed out as he rubbed his shin and glared at Liam. "Just eat your food, Dyl."

Liam sighed and continued to eat, making sure Harry wouldn't say something out of line again. Claire avoided Harry's eyes, that were still clearly on her, much to Liam's frustration. He kicked Harry's shin again and gestured at him to stop and eat his food.

"Dad, Papa, I was wondering if I could take Ella out tonight," Ethan stated suddenly.

"Ella? You mean your girlfriend?" Liam asked.

"You have a girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me, Ethan? And it's Ella?" Claire demanded, looking shocked.

"Why? What's wrong with this Ella person? Is she a slu- Ow! Liam, I'd really appreciate it if you stopped kicking me," Harry hissed, rubbing his shin again.

The younger father rolled his eyes, saying, "You'll heal in a minute. But Ethan, what were you saying about Ella?"

"Hold on, Dad," Ethan said dismissively, still looking at Claire. "What's wrong with Ella? She's nice and pretty and - "

" - and 'she likes' you. Yeah, I know. But I'm just saying... She's not as she seems, Ethan," Claire said with an apologetic smile.

"What does that mean?" her twin brother demanded.

"Pretty sure it means what it's supposed to mean, Ethan," Harry said in amusement.

That earned him another kick and a slap on his arm now from Liam, who glared at him darkly. "Can you not stir the pot and turn your children against each other, Harold? Please? You're acting like a child right now."

"Whatever makes me feel younger," Harry scoffed, then got an idea. He looked back his husband and wiggled his eyebrows. "Speaking of a child, wanna make another one later?"