Chapter 31: Lupus.

"Are you guys going to tell him?" Sam asked.

The four moved into the living room. Two two-person fabric couches sat on opposite sides of each other. One one-person sofa sat against the wall, in front of the glassed coffee table.

Sam was sitting alone on the couch that was closer to the front door with his legs crossed, and Emilee sat on the floor, using Serene's laptop on the coffee table. Marcel sat on the couch, across from Sam. Serene drank his hot tea, sitting on the one-person grey sofa, gazing at Emilee's brother.

Marcel turned his attention to Serene, shrugging, "He's not going to listen to me. If anything, Seven has a better possibility of convincing him than I do."

"But you two have been friends longer than I've known him." Serene defended himself.

"Yeah, but that's exactly why I can't do it. I'm not the type to go against him. You saw how we argued. I get agitated. I don't want to end up punching him because I, as a person, get impatient."

Serene melted onto the couch, taking a sip of his beverage. He thought for a moment, tapping his finger onto the mug slightly as if he were planning something. He leaned forward, setting his cup on the table, "How exactly do I address him?"

"It's been almost a week since the party. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable around him anymore," Sam spoke, "I mean, considering he's been all touchy with you, you guys are practically dating!" he yelped overdramatically.

A smile crept on Emilee's face, keeping her eyes on the screen. Seven eyed her and wrinkled his nose. It was embarrassing, to say the least. He wanted the conversation to stop once he explained the situation, but it only added more questions to the room. Seven didn't respond to Sam, but instead kept his eyes on Emilee, seeing her pale hands shiver.

"Em?" Serene uttered. Emilee sealed her eyes, gently breathing. Sam directed his attention to his sibling, putting his hand on her shoulder, "Em, are you alright?"

"My vision is weird," she mumbled. Sam stood from his seat, gripping her wrists and pulling her up, "What do you mean it's weird?"

"Everything is moving and blurry." Emilee groaned, yanking her hand from Sam to ease a headache that appeared out of the blue.

Sam turned to Seven, gripping his sister again, "Seven, do you have water?"

The assistant nodded, standing up immediately. The blonde-haired girl felt her body shake, wanting to rest as she lost energy, "I- I need to sit down."

Sam nodded, leading her to the couch gently.

"Is she okay?" Marcel asked, at the edge of his seat. Serene rushed back, handing Sam the cup of water.

"I'm fine," Emilee answered.

Sam scoffed, helping her drink from the cup that was given to him, "Like hell. We need to get you to a hospital. Your symptoms are getting worse."

Marcel's eyes widened, "Symptoms? What does she have?"

Emilee groaned at the question, shoving Sam away from her, "I'm fine!" she shouted. Her eyes watered, seeing the three males in front of her stare at her.

Sam's eyebrows furrowed, his blue eyes narrowing at her. Marcel's eyebrows raised, a worried expression on his face. She took a small glimpse at Serene, seeing him standing with a straight face, unaffected by the situation.

Her heart ached, seeing that everyone in the room noticed how much it troubled her, to have the disease. She stood up, letting out a gentle sigh, turned around, and walked towards the wooden front door.