Chpt 8

Cameron ^^^^^

Cameron's POV
We arrived soon to the party and got onto the red carpet. The cameras were flashing and I was blinded.
"Cameron!! What was it like working with Lin and the rest of the cast?" A reporter asks.
"It was phenomenal! Lin is just so smart that he wouldn't be afraid to like, tell you what your doing wrong." I laugh. "And working with the rest of the cast was just so amazing and friendly. It was just an amazing experience!" I laugh as two people hug me from the back.
"Daveed!! Oak!! How'd you think your first Broadway show went?" The same reporter asks. They're both still hanging on my back.
"It was great!" Oak laughs. I start laughing with him. Soon we're all laughing.

"Cameron!" Kyle shouts walking up to me. I hug him as he kisses my cheek. "Hi Kyle! How are you?" I ask smiling.
"Great! What about you?" He asks. "Phenomenal!!" I laugh at my use of the word. "Hi Kyle, we're Cameron's best friends Daveed and Oak!" Daveed says walking up. I laugh. "Suuurrrreeeee!!" Kyle laughs.
I glance over and Anthony's looking at us jealously. At his side is a small girl who looks like she could still be in high school. I smile at him and wave. He smiles back and waves.

Inside the party

"I would like to thank everyone for coming and to a successful show!!" Lin shouts raising his champagne in the air. We all lift ours clinking them together and taking a drink.
I glance at Anthony and he's making out with his 'girl'. My heart shatters a little bit. Ouch. "Cameron are you okay?" Oak asks. "No." I answer tears now streaming down my face.
Oak pulls me into a hug letting me cry into his shoulder. Finally, I pull away walking to the bathroom. Once I find a quiet room, I sit down and sob. Kyle probably left. I didn't feel anything with him anyway.
"Cameron?" A voice asks. "Hmm." I ask wiping my eyes. "Honey are you alright?" Renee and Philipa ask coming into sight.
"I'm not sure." I reply standing up and wiping my tears and wiping the dirt off my dress. "What's wrong Cam? Us Schuyler's need to stick together." Renee jokes. We all laugh.
"It's Anthony. He doesn't know that...." I start. "He doesn't know what, honey?" Philipa asks. "Nothing. Never mind. Let's just go have fun!" I smile. "Okay?" Renee says hesitantly.
"Here's Cameron for her speech!" Lin says into the microphone. Fuck. I walk up confidently.
      "Okay so in all honesty, I had no idea I was supposed to prepare a speech but I wrote one down just in case." I laugh. Everybody else laughs too. "So earlier tonight before we performed, I had the worst case of nerves and I just couldn't imagine that I had been casted in a role with this fantastic cast. Lin I can't thank you enough literally. Thank you sooooo much." I smile making eye contact with him. "Daveed and Oak you guys made me feel at home. Renee, Pip, I love you guys. And the rest of the cast thank you very much." I say walking down not really being able to breath.
        "Honey, are you okay. You look like you can't breathe." Renee worries. "No because I can't." I say before blacking out.

That's overdue