o n e

"do you know how fast your mind can draw a blank when someone says a name that allegedly yours?"

💭

when i opened my eyes, all i saw was white and when i sat up i saw a window and people going back and fourth.

my mind was suddenly overflowing with questions.

am i in a hospital?

there was a faint, 'the patient is awake!' before the door of my room opened.

"daniel, i'm olivia, how are you feeling?" a woman suddenly opened the white door that seemed to blend in with the walls.

daniel?

"daniel?" she repeated the name as she now stood at the end of the bed with a worried expression.

i returned the expression with a confused one.

i cleared my throat, "am i daniel?"

olivia blinked, "yes-"

"daniel! are you okay?" another woman busted through the door alongside a man.

i immediately flinched as soon as the woman got close to the bed and the brightness in her eyes faded.

"mrs. and mr. seavey can i talk to you both outside for a moment?" olivia said in a quiet voice.

the two glanced at me before following olivia out the door, "i'll be back in a second daniel."

i sat there staring at the closed door, "daniel," i mumbled.

💭

after a while, the woman came back in the room and sat in one of the brown chairs beside my bed.

the man stood up and leaned on a cabinet by the door.

"daniel, do you know who i am?" she asked as she clenched her hands together.

i sat there going over her features, and finally i just shook my head, because i didn't.

but she knew who i was because once again the hope in her eyes died.

"my name is keri and i'm your mother" she said and i didn't know how to react as i just watched her and i glanced over to the man.

"are you my father?" i asked and he smiled faintly before nodding, "i'm jeff."

"why don't i remember anything?" i asked as i stared down at my hands.

keri was looking at me the whole time, "well you were on a road trip with a couple of friends and there was an accident."

"like a car crash?" i asked.

"yes, it was really bad, two died and three injured, counting yourself four" jeff explained.

my mind went blank.

"two of my friends, died?" i mumbled.

"one of the people from the other car and your friend, carson smith?" he said and he watched me closely to see my reaction.

i just shook my head as i leaned back.

"i don't remember."

💭

feedback?

(cover of book)

(cover of book)

its a m n e s i a baby.