n i n e

daniel walked up to the bathroom stall and gently knocked, "corbyn?"

he listened to the boy clear his throat and then his voice cracked as he spoke, "l-leave me alone d-daniel..."

daniel stared at the bathroom stall in shock before quietly slipping out the door.

he stood there biting his nails as he stared down at his shoes bitterly.

daniel had gone back to the table as if nothing had happened, a couple minutes later corbyn returned as well.

he looked as if nothing had happened, as if he wasn't crying five minutes ago.

daniel's stomach sank.

when they were going to leave, daniel said he wanted to take a walk instead of getting a ride home.

everyone looked at him weirdly, even corbyn who had his hand on the handle of the drivers side.

"why?" corbyn asked as stared at daniel, "i just feel like walking" he mumbled as he got his checkered bag out of the passenger seat.

he put the giraffe plush in the bag before slipping it on and closing the door, "bye."

the other's said goodbye as the got in to jonah's car, corbyn said nothing.

corbyn watched daniel walk to a stop sign before getting in his car.

daniel had to start his senior year in two days; he didn't want to go at all anymore.

💭

he walked through the door and chris sat on the couch with his feet propped on the coffee table, "how'd it go?"

"good" he mumbled as he quickly walked in to the kitchen.

chris hesitantly stood up and walked after daniel, "what happened?"

daniel kept his head down as he poured himself some lemonade, "i think corbyn hates me."

chris took the pitcher of lemonade and sat it down before bringing daniel in to a hug, "why do you think that?"

"he doesn't want to talk or hang out with me" daniel mumbled, "he hung out with you today."

"yeah because the others were there but he wouldn't talk to me" daniel said and chris began to rock him.

"you have to remember daniel; you broke up with him...just give him time" chris whispered before ruffling daniel's hair.

daniel watched his brother walk away, he turned and leaned on the counter before sipping on his lemonade.

chris was right, i was the one who broke corbyn's heart.

in that moment of daniel just staring out the window in the kitchen, he wished he could forget the sound of corbyn crying.

"the sound was embedded in his head."

💭

feedback?

it's the 24th here but merry chrismas/happy holidays!