t h r e e

it was late and daniel was looking at everything like it was the first time he'd ever seen it.

the old photo albums were sitting on his desk, alongside a guitar leaning against the desk.

the desk lamp was on and was shining dimly.

daniel stared at his closet with interest, there were drumsticks shaped as an x between the handles.

he rarely took notice to the closet since he'd been here, mainly got clothes from the drawers.

but he was now interested in why he had drumsticks acting as a lock, was he hiding something?

i made my way over towards the door, jangling the sticks from the handles, not a very good lock if something is hidden in here.

i opened it and it looked like, well it looked like a closet.

daniel pulled the string and the light came on.

many hoodies, sweaters, sweatshirts, t-shirts, jackets, and flannels of multiple colors filled the closet.

shoes filled the bottom.

the clothes and shoes were color coded.

it bothered daniel that there was a small section of clothes separated from the rest.

multicolored clothing.

i pulled a yellow sweatshirt off a hanger and slipped it on over my bare torso.

it had an unfamiliar scent.

the sweatshirt was baggy on me, but the clothes i've been wearing have been a perfect fit.

i slipped the sweatshirt off and grabbed another sweatshirt, this time black from the sorted section of clothes.

it fit much better than the yellow one and had the same scent as all my other clothes.

daniel pulled the sweatshirt off and slipped it back on its hanger, while he let the yellow one sit on the bed.

he crouched down and looked at the shoes, he read vans on the heels of a lot of the shoes.

the shoes he had been wearing were checkered slip on vans.

there were a couple pairs of boots and converse.

daniel pulled out the small mix of clothes and went through it, all different kinds of shirts.

all to big, daniel figured they were all corbyn's clothes.

daniel wanted to see corbyn, to talk to him.

he slipped the black sweatshirt back in the closet and pulled the string once again, turning the light off and closing the door.

he looked at the yellow sweatshirt before slipping it back on.

daniel placed the drumsticks on his desk beside the photo albums.

he turned the lamps off and crawled in to bed, slowly drifting to sleep as it went on two in the morning.

💭

daniel barely slept, he flashed in and out of sleep.

he mainly laid there letting the smell wrap around him as he had tried to fall asleep.

he heard the door crack open, but then it closed again.

keri and jeff always checked on me, to see if i was asleep; i've woken up a few times to see them.

daniel went over to the photo albums and flipped through the pages, a lot of them seemed caught off guard.

as if, someone had come out of no where and just started snapping pictures while we weren't paying attention.

daniel smiled, as he glanced over the pictures.

there was this one, of all five of us, obviously we didn't know a picture was being taken; we were all smiling and laughing.

real smiles and laughs.

"daniel was now desperate to see his friends, his boyfriend."

💭

feedback?

{you can skip the paragraph, its just my appreciation for x.}

"my heart can't take this damage

"my heart can't take this damage."

i could barely relate to those words, sure i had lost loved ones and had moments where i thought my world was ending. you were always there for me to fall back on, late at night when things were going downhill, you were there. i mean, shit you were there even when i was smiling. i've never been so mad at my mom for letting my brother go to one of your concerts and not me. three tickets and he got to take his friends, said something like, "you're to young and his music is way too violent." violent? still makes me laugh sometimes. but, i'm still mad, hell i'm super mad at whoever took you away. why'd you have to go? you we're twenty, way to young to go.

now i finally understand your words, it hurts a lot kind of feels like i lost someone i've known since forever.

i'll miss you jahseh.

{january 23, 1998 - june 18, 2018}