Chapter 5: Time is Ticking

'What the freaking heck is going on? Is Jessie kidnapped?' Eliza asked as they ran out of the school onto her car.

'I feel like we should call the police...' Zoe replied. She dialed the numbers (9-1-1) but just before she pressed call, Bethany screamed 'Stop! There's no proof on my phone that someone ever called me. They will think we're just playing a trick on them!'

'Let's go to Jessie's house! Maybe she's there?' Zoe said. After that they drove to her house and rang the doorbell.

'Oh, girls! Why are you here in lunch period?' Mr. Argent questioned. 'Is Jessie here?' Bethany asked. 'She was here just half an hour ago, but she left her purse upstairs! Would you girls mind to take it back to school for her?' The girls ran up.

'OH MY GOD! Look at the mirror!'
It wrote with bright pink lipstick:
'Deep in the woods there will be some cabins, inside you will find what you are looking for. Tick Tock.'

'Oh my god! I know where Jessie used to go to camp! It was this small bundle of cabins near Maine. It'll only take us 30 minutes, let's go!' Eliza said.

The girls hopped onto the car and started driving towards the cabins.

'This must have been Taylor! I mean who else would do this?' Zoe exclaimed. 'I mean, the phone call was right after she left our table, so shouldn't she have some sort of alibi for her to make the phone call?' Bethany replied.

The girls was silent. They were all deep in thought about what happened. 'I just. hope she's ok...' Eliza admitted.

The girls arrived at the bundle of cabins. The sign said: Lost Woods Resort. They tiptoed across to the cabins. The first one was occupied, and the others too.... except for the 2nd. There was no light on.

Suddenly, they heard a twig break. And bushes move. 'Hello?' Zoe asked nervously.

The sound came from behind the trees... tiptoed around it...

'YOU!?' They exclaimed in unison.

Sorry for the late post! See who was behind the bushes the next episode!!