Chapter 13: Text

The girls returned back to their own houses after the police station. They all needed a rest after all the madness that had been going on recently. The girls were lost, trapped, unsure of their decisions without Jessie.
Stephanie's POV
I remember the day I met Jessie crystal clear. It was the first day of school, and I was a sophomore that transferred here. I had no friends in this side of the state and was completely clueless. I looked at my schedule and the map of the school as I stood in the bustling hallway. I was supposed to go to the guidance counsellor.... only where was it? I studied the map precisely but still couldn't figure it out.
A girl walked up to me with her other friends and nicely asked, "Are you lost, new girl?"
I looked up from the map and stuttered, "I think so... I just can't find the guidance coun" I got interrupted when she swiftly responded, "Make two rights and go down the corridor and you'll see the room."

"Thanks!" I said in shock, she was so quick to answer! "My name is..."

"Stephanie Johnson, I know. Jessie, glad to have you" She said with a mysterious smirk. With that, she walked away with charm. Still in awe, I walked away too.

" Oh, and Stephanie, see you second period in art. It'll be fun." She added.

I didn't even have time to read my schedule. From then on, I thought she was some sort of wizard... or witch, shall I say. She always had this cunning yet mysterious tone in her voice, and it was like she was the only one in this school that actually knew what they were doing. We became friends and I became Steph, one of her posse members.

The next day
We walked down the hallways of the school. It was particularly strange. Well, of course there was no Jessie. But, it was like the whole school were just staring at us as we walked down, murmuring secrets through each other's ears, as they glanced at us in suspicion.
"What's going on guys?" I asked.
Zoe Stared at her phone, as a anonymous message was sent to the entire school, it read:
Want to know what really happened to Jessie? It's been a intriguing mystery for us all, has it, well perhaps the one who did it was very close to her......
And it was captioned with a picture of us running away the night we pranked Taylor.

But something was different, the glass said, 'Karma will make you pay!'

Bethany said, "But... Jessie didn't write that......someone......must have changed it"

Immediately after they saw the photo, all of their phones rang, it was a text, which said, 'One of you are hiding something. You know who you are...'

The only link the two creepy texts had was that they were sent by the same name.

'B.K.'