5 | five

5 | five

he showed up at the back room behind the gym after school. once the school was emptied, no one went there. the basketball team practiced in the gym, and the locker rooms were down the hall. there was also a back exit which was mostly closed off.

the fourteen year old was there waiting for him and her eyes brightened, but she looked down at her feet instantly. her cheeks went a bright crimson.

and she was small.

not only in the sense that she looked young, she almost looked like a middle schooler as he approached her. but she was much shorter than him.

"are you...byeon chaewon?" he called as he approached her.

-

right now i have a song on replay that is so so pretty.

you should all listen to it. its in spanish, but still worth a listen if you want to hear something beautiful. its called "santo domingo" (holy sunday). and in the monologue in the middle of the song, the narrator says something.

"there was a sunday in my life, and i will never forget that sunday. our love began, on a never ending sunday. you and i, strolled under the sun. we thought the flowers were blooming for us. it was our sunday, the first sunday of our spring."

each time i hear that i get a warm feeling in my heart.

-clary