fourteen

[next day]

[next day]

Juhyun and Taehyung were whispering to each other on stage. They were hidden in the shadows, off to the side.

Lunai would usually be with Taehyung during class while the other members set up the stage. The two would usually be goofing around or flirting with each other, but he chose to spend his time with Juhyun now.

Lunai shrugged it off. She got too close to him in drama and she knew she had to calm down in case she got too possessive. Taehyung was just her friend, after all.

Lunai noticed that Juhyun sent her a look and gestured about something with her hands. Taehyung did a similar gesture, but it was much smaller.

"Just go ask her out!" Juhyun angrily whispered.

"Shh! Keep your voice down! The stage echoes!" Taehyung whispered back.

"You said you were in love with her!" Juhyun defended.

"I am, but—I'm only a college student. It's not like we're going to get married. Like you said yesterday, something might happen that breaks us apart," he solemnly said.

"Yeah, and that 'something' is you not asking her out."

Taehyung whined. "You don't know that! I'm not going to ask her out without knowing if she likes me or not."

"Stop being such a middle schooler! Just—do it!"

"No!" he shouted.

"You wimp!" Juhyun scolded, tightly squeezing his arm enough to cut off his circulation.

Taehyung floundered around to get her hand off of him. Lunai watched from the audience, looking back and forth from her script to the two goofing around.

Her eyes would dart back and forth. Every time she looked back at her script, she would look back at them as if there was something special about them. She couldn't keep her eyes off of them, but she knew she had to.

"Lunai," her professor called out, "do you have suggestions on how the play should be advertised? Some kids nowadays don't want to go to a live theater, let alone watch an underrated play they already know the ending to."

Lunai hummed, focusing her attention on him and closing her script. "You could have a small photoshoot with all the characters and put up posters with the different roles. Like, Benvolio and Mercutio, Romeo and Benvolio, Romeo and Juliet. So that would be Jungkook and Donghae, Taehyung and Jungkook, and Taehyung and me. There are loads of more combinations."

"Do you think that would get their attention?"

"Have them kiss? Hell, have Jungkook and Donghae kiss, and you're going to have a packed audience," Lunai said.