1| Myra

Tingle running through my bones, fingers to my toes...

The rain patters on my window as my fingers glide across my keyboard. Fire struck within me as I typed away finally finding my muse for my novel. On the subway, I met a guy with piercing emerald eyes and curls that remind me of the twisty water slides at a water park. When he smiled two crescent moons indented his cheeks. He was absolutely memorizing. I don't know his name but I noticed he was holding a notepad embroidered with his initials H.S and Hanford publishing which is one of the hottest publishing houses in America. This incredible sexy mysterious man had the job I've longed for since a junior in high school. I didn't have the courage to speak to him because I'm just girl who recently graduated college and I'm literally stuck on what I should do with my life. I want to be a big-time author and bestseller but that might take months even years until I get a book published. Summer is starting to end so I'll look for internships in a publishing house because waiting tables at Olive Garden isn't cutting it anymore.

I accomplished to write the first three chapters in 2 hours I hope to encounter the shaggy hair man again. He was a complete mystery to me, I wonder if how old he was if he was married— he had so many rings on I couldn't tell if he had a wedding ring on. Maybe he's divorced and has kids. Whoever he was, he was my muse. I take a break and call my best friend Cassidy, "Hello sexy," she greets and I laugh.

"Oh, it's just you." She sighs.

"Yeah who you think it was," I try containing my giggles. "Just my hot coworker I gave him my number today." I always told her not to get involved with someone she works with it never ends well.

"Well, Mr. hottie can wait, I have something to say."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Today on the subway I saw this incredibly handsome guy and he literally sparked something in me. The book I've been having trouble writing for the past month finally has three chapters because of him," I gushed.

"Wow, whatever he said to you really left an impression."

"The thing is we didn't speak to each other, he doesn't know I exist that's the problem, he could be my soulmate and I won't ever know because I'm never going to see him again," I sigh hopelessly.

"Myra, you think everyone good looking or sweet guy is your soulmate. And if he really is your soulmate you will see him again because it'd be fate." I nod but realize she can't see me.

"You're right, thanks for the talk."

"No problem, we're still on for lunch tomorrow."

"Of course," I say before hanging up. I go take a shower letting the hot water wash away all the stress that built up today. If there's a chance I see him again I'll first ask him if there are any internship jobs at his work and if that fails, asking him on a date won't kill me.

✺✩✺

I walk into the small café Cassidy and I always have lunch. I'm usually the first one so I always pick a table next to the window. I love to watch the New York traffic on the streets everyone in a rush to get to their next destination. I feel like no one really observed their surroundings anymore unless there elderly. The young moving quick to live their lives and the old moving slow to enjoy what's left of theirs. I come for a small suburban area in Illinois where I always went to the park and wrote poetry on how I felt at the time or just about my surroundings. Writing always made me realize I have the power to create a story and make it come to life.

The little bell on the door brings me out of my thoughts and I see Cassidy walking into the café. She smiles when she sees me and rushes to the table.

"Guess what just happened to me," her energy bouncing off the walls.

"Um... I don't know, tell me." I was stumped I don't know why she's in such a good mood.

"The coworker I told you about just asked me out," she gushes like a high school girl. I just make a grimace but she notices.

"What? Are you not happy for me?"

"No that's not it."

"Then what is it?" She pressed. "I just don't think it's good to date your coworker but don't let my opinions stop you."

"I know you worry about me too much but this isn't going end like John Lanes and the chicken fiasco like in 10th grade." I laugh at the memory, John and Cassidy were hooking up for a while but she got crazy jealous when she found out he was with some other girl. Next thing I know there arguing in the kitchen and chicken strips are flying everywhere.

"Stop laughing that wasn't a great point in my life." But all I could do is laugh even harder. "Okay it was funny can we move on now," I nod wiping the tears that came from laughing so hard. I go in total shock when I see who's sitting in the table right in front of us. It's Him.

"Myra are you okay," I avert my eyes back to Cassidy.

"Uh...yeah I'm fine."

"You just seemed out of it for a while."

"No I'm fine now," I say finishing my sub sandwich. She goes on about her coworker but I turn her out as I watch the mystery man read his book and eat his salad. When he got up to leave I made an excuse to Cassidy that I had to go to work. I follow the handsome wonder to the subway and hope this be the chance to finally talk to him.

I luckily got to sit right next to him, now if I only get the courage to speak to him. I gulp, taking a deep breath in and exhale.

"Hey, couldn't help but notice you work for Hanford publishing, it's been a dream of mine to work in a publishing house." I hope he doesn't ignore me or is harsh.

"Oh really?" He smiles and my heart flutters at his smile it was so enduring.

"Yes, I just absolutely love to read and write so seeing where writers inner works get to be shared to the public captives me." I express and he's grin makes my dream not seem as stupid as I think it was.

"Amazing, I wish more people like you were in the publishing business. Do you currently have a job," he pauses and I assume for my name.

"Myra."

"Pretty name. Do you have a job, Myra?"

"Not one I want to be working," I say.

"Well, I need a new assistant for awhile since mine is going on maternity leave, if you do a great job I'll take you on my team."

"Oh my god, you won't regret it," I say hugging him but stop after realizing how unprofessional it is to hug your boss. "Well here's my card it has my office number and address of the building. Call my current assistant tomorrow and she'll help you figure everything out before she leaves," he gets up.

"See you tomorrow," I say as he leaves the subway car. I can't believe I got a job. I hate that's he's my boss now I can't date him without looking like a whore or unprofessional. I guess you lose some, you win some.

✎✎✎✎✎✎
I hoped you enjoyed chapter I might take a while until I post the next because I'm writing so many other books right now. I just wanted to put this out now because I had an idea for this awhile and the song medicine just pulled the rest of my thoughts together. I know what I want for this story now and I hope you enjoy the book.

Ily❦