13|Myra

*not edited
A/N: Cassidy at the top

She'll dance in the dark, a real work of art

"Myra I seriously need your help," my caramel doe-eyed friend whines.

"What now, you need money again?" I hope she's not in serious trouble this time.

"No, I finally finished my collection and need a gallery to have my first art show but everyone just kicks me out before even looking at my pieces. They want someone who is already established."

"Okay, I'll see if I can find a gallery for you," I tell her quite angry that no one is giving her a chance. Cassidy art is always gorgeous, she amazing takes photos and has beautiful paintings. I even asked her to do the cover of my book if I get published.

After I eat lunch, I go out in New York to every well-known gallery first to see if I have a chance. I have a few pieces from Cassidy's collection so I can show them how fantastic her art is. Soon as the subway car stops I head out to the first gallery in Chelsea.

"Hello, I'm Myra Brown and I wanted to possibly discuss one of my client's new collection," I tell the young lady at the front desk she looks about nineteen, freckles scattered across her face and her ginger hair tied up into a high ponytail.

"Oh well the owner is out right now he'll be back by 4 o'clock, you can ask him then," she says.

"Ok do you know if there's anything chance he'll say yes I hate to come back to be turned down."

"He might he's been looking for someone new to display here," she picks at her nail polish. "What was your name again, I'll write it down and give it to him."

"Myra Brown," I tell her again and she writes it on a yellow sticky note. I'd figured to go try at a different gallery just in case the owner isn't interested.

✵✵✵

"Sorry, darling this is amazing but not exactly what we are looking for right now. Tell your friend if she makes anything else to come for us to see." I sigh thanking them for their time. Apparently, this gallery does themes right now it's on animals which Cassidy's collection is not about. I've been to five gallery's and everyone has said no I'm starting to see why Cassidy's asked for my help. It's four-thirty now so I'm heading back to the first art gallery I went to talk with the owner. Hopefully, his answer will be yes.

I walk back in and see the ginger chewing gum while looking down on her phone.

"Hello I'm back," I say getting her attention.

"Yeah he's in his office down the hall just knock before going in," she says not even looking up from her screen. I just follow her directions and knock on the door. I hear a muffled "come in" behind the wooden door before opening it.

The broad and tall caramel skin man stands with his back towards me. His short dark curly hair remains me of someone else I know. I can't see his face but he looks like Cassidy's type just by looking at him in his casual business attire. When he finally turns around my stomach immediately hits the floor. I couldn't move like I am paralyzed while he stands there with a stupid smirk on his face. I prayed I didn't have to see his face again.

"It's been a long time Myra," he says smiling walking towards me.

"You own this gallery, Casey?" I couldn't believe it, I thought he wanted to be an accountant after we graduate. How'd he end up buying the best art galleries in Chelsea?

"Yes I do, is it that hard to believe." He grins while his chestnut eyes rake up and down my body sending me chills and not the good kind.

"Yes, but I didn't come here to catch up, I'm here for Cassidy," I state hoping our encounter will be quick and smooth.

"Okay then, show me her collection then," he says. I take some pieces out of the portfolio and display them for him and trying to ignore how close he is to me. He really takes his time looking at each one before speaking again.

"Theses are amazing, didn't know Cassidy was this talented. Okay, I'll display her collection in my gallery." I almost jump from excitement but contain myself.

"Oh my god thank—" he cuts me off.

"Hold on, I wasn't finished. I'll display her art if you go out for dinner with me on Friday."

"What! No that's bull shit, Casey!" I should have known he wants something in return. Casey was always was good at manipulating people which I was too naive to see back in high school.

"Then good luck trying to get Cassidy to get her art showcased." Ugh, I can't believe I'm evening thinking about it, but I really want Cassidy to have this. I just hate that Casey happens to be the owners of one of the best galleries in New York.

"Fine I'll go but this dinner is completely platonic, I have a boyfriend," I tell him so he doesn't try anything.

"Ok well let's meet at Peony's bistro at seven it is still your favorite restaurant, right?" I nod, I can't believe he remembers that from college. Girl, get a grip he's an ass and you have an amazing boyfriend don't let Casey drag you down again. My subconscious reminds me.

God Harry is going to kill me if he ever finds out about this.

✵✵✵
Shorter than usual but things are going to get very interesting in the next few chapters

Vote and comment for more updates!

Ily❦

Ps this is Casey