21|Myra

*not edited

I'm going, oh I'm going home

Dinner would've been nice if my father didn't invite Devon over. Apparently his parents are on a cruise and he offered to let him have thanksgiving with us this year. My father isn't slick, I know this is one of his games. Earlier he said all the rooms would be filled but I thought one of my cousins was going to be staying in the guest room not snore fest Devon. Two years ago I thought he was cute, still do, but he really doesn't have much to offer. Sure he's smart and has a good paying job but I need more than that. Not once on our dates did he woo me or impress me. Sometimes I feel like he only wanted to date me is to be in my father's good graces. Dating me could mean a higher chance of being promoted.

The worst thing about it is the weasel took the seat next to me, so Harry is sitting by my brother who's on the further end of the table. Our first family dinner and I can't even sit beside him. At least my brother-in-law, Malik, is keeping him company. They both went to the same university in England and like the same teams. It's actually funny how both my sister and I found British guys.  (A/N: Malik is pronounced like Ma-leek. Not like Zayn's last name lol.)

"And that's how the mail guy delayed the whole department."

"Oh wow that's crazy, Devon," I mumble not paying attention to a word that came out of his mouth. It's like most of the table has multiple stories going on. My brother, Malik, and Harry are discussing football. Mom, Dad and Alicia are talking wedding plans. While I'm stuck listening to Devon's lame stories and work. He doesn't get much cases so most are about him in the office which aren't that exciting. How can such a handsome guy be so boring?

"So are you and Henry serious?" He ask touching my thigh. My face crunches up and I remove it with disgust.

"It's Harry. And yes."

"But I bet he isn't as good in bed as me though, right." He whispers in my ear and my entire body cringes. Ugh I forgot I did sleep with him and I wish I never did. For some reason I thought if he was good in bed I'd like him better, I didn't. He's not the best in bed either, he doesn't foreplay and his dirty talk just made me cringe the entire time.

"He's 100 times better than you ever will," I state before getting up and excusing myself from the table. I go to the bathroom and splash some water on my face. I didn't have any makeup on so it felt refreshing. I can't believe my dad thinks Devon is a better choice for me than Harry. I don't know what he said to Harry during their talk earlier today but I hope he'll see how amazing Harry is during the next two days.

"Baby, are you alright?" Harry gently knocks on the door.

"Yeah, I just needed to get out of there," I say after I open the door.

"Your brother mentioned an old treehouse in the backyard so you want to show me," he smiles and I feel better already. I nod and lead him to my backyard grinning seeing the treehouse still intact. I tell Harry to be careful as we climb up the ladder.

Memories rush back when I see the old water guns, dolls, books and other random things. I remember my sister and I coming up here and sharing secrets about the guys we like or things we did that we didn't want our parents to know. Isaiah would interrupt and spray water at us with his water gun so we bought two big ones and sprayed him back the last time he did it. He fell from the latter and broke his arm, but he kind of deserved it after all the times he did it to us.

Freshmen year of high school, I come up here to read and get away from everyone. My sister was about to go off for college but she always seemed to be in a screaming match with my mother. She wanted to study in England and my mother didn't want her to. She eventually let her which is where she met Malik. They've been together ever since sophomore year. They're wedding was two years ago but it was in England in the same town they met. I was the bridesmaid because maid of honor was too much of a commitment to me at the time. However, I promise her she'll be mine since I couldn't be hers. I still haven't told Cassidy that because I know she'll be pissed.