15|Myra

Not edited

We're not talking lately

I go home to get ready choosing one of my least favorite dresses since I'm not really trying to impress him but the restaurant isn't a causal place for jeans and a t-shirt. Cassidy better do me favor anytime I ask after this because I'm feeling sick just thinking about being close to Casey.

"Myra you don't have to do this if you don't want too, I'm just happy you tried," Cassidy says after I finished getting ready.

"Cass it's okay, this is just one of Casey's games but I'm not going to let him win this time. I'm happy with Harry and if suffering through one stupid dinner means you can be successful then I'll do it."

"You are honestly the greatest best friend in world," she says before hugging me.

"I know," I giggle and flip my hair.

"Okay well tell me everything that happens." I nod before heading out the door and in a cab to the bistro.

"I'm here for Reservations Casey Johnson," I tell the hostess.

"Follow me," she grins and leads me outside to the patio at the front of the restaurant. Great we have to eat outside too.

"Aw you're finally here, I already ordered for you figured you still like the chicken fettuccine." I do but I didn't want him to order for me, but I'm not going to argue the faster we get out of here the better.

"So how you been?" He asked before sipping some red wine. Just fine until I ran into you again, I wanted to say.

"Amazing, I have a good job and fantastic boyfriend," I smile thinking about Harry. He probably be so angry that I didn't tell him about seeing Casey again or agreeing to this dinner.

"Are you seeing anyone?" I assume he isn't because why else would he ask me to dinner, I doubt to just catch up.

"No, not anymore we wanted different things."

"Like what?" I hope he didn't use her for just sex too, I mean I'm hoping he's changed, I know I have.

"I wanted to marry her while she wanted to see other people," he sighs. Oh wow didn't expect him to want to be married already, we are only 24.

"She must been someone really special, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you." I genuinely mean that.

"Can I ask you something?" He suddenly says with this distant look in his eyes.

"Yeah what is it, Casey?"

"Why did you break up with me because all my relationship seemed to fail and I don't know why. It was because of me right?" Is this the real reason he wanted to have lunch with me.

"Casey, we were both different people then I can clearly see that now, back then you were selfish and never cared about my needs so I broke up with you. I don't know how you were with your other girlfriends but that's why we didn't work. And don't blame yourself because when a relationship fails it's not just your fault sometimes things just have to come to an end," I explain hoping he has better understanding.

"Thanks Myra, I just wish I knew why Lola left me," he says referring to his ex-girlfriend.

"Don't beat yourself up, you'll find your soulmate eventually," I say with positive energy.

"Do you really believe in that soulmate crap?" He chuckles to himself. I didn't really until I met Harry.

"Yes I do."

✤✤✤

Dinner with Casey wasn't so bad as I thought it be. I learned how much we changed since our breakup and wondered if we could be friends at the very least. We were before we dated in high school but I don't know if it be too weird now.

"Yeah you should let me set you up with someone." I suggest thinking of Kathryn from work she was complaining about not being to have a decent date lately. Casey wasn't a good boyfriend to me but I can clearly see he's changed and wants to try better in his relationships.

"No I'm good I think I should be on my own for awhile." He sighs and I can't tell Lola really broke his heart. After dessert I try to split the check but he insists on paying. I don't mind since I didn't want to go on this dinner in the first place but I'm glad still I agreed.

"This was actually fun." I admit.

"That's good to hear. Thanks for listening to my problems. Cassidy's art show will be showcased next Friday."

"Omg, I have to call her!" I exclaim.

"I already did before the date. She said
'tell thank you to myra again and fuck you casey!' Before hanging up." I burst out laughing knowing Cassidy would say that. She really hates him but I'm glad he's helping her out.

"Yeah she hates your guts," I reply.

"I understand but it was still uncalled for," he chuckles as well. Our laughter finally calms down as I wait for a uber and he waits with me. He said he'll feel responsible if something happened after he left. I don't mind thought because it's Friday night where lots of people get drunk and the creeps come out.

I look up at the sky and sigh looking at the stars. I can't help but think about Harry's and I first date and how we looked up at the stars while laying on top of his van. I wonder what he's doing right now with Niall. I wanted to join them tonight but I knew how much it meant to Cassidy to have her art displayed in an art gallery. He's probably in a club having so much fun with out me.

"Myra?"

"Hm?" I turn towards him.

"Do you ever think about what would've happened if we didn't break up?" Huh? That was out of nowhere.

"Um I used to but not anymore." Not since Harry I barely thought of Casey. "Do you?"

"Yeah, especially after tonight makes me wonder what our lives would've been if we worked things out and stayed together." He says with full seriousness in voice. I honestly don't think I would be happy with Casey. Even if we talked it out I'd still feel like something is missing in our relationship. With Harry I don't have any doubts anymore and the reason I did was because I was scared of my strong feelings for him. After this dinner Casey made me see that I'm madly in love with Harry.

"Our lives probably would s—" Casey cuts me off by crashing his lips to mine. I was about to pull away when suddenly someone pushes him away from me. I stand paralyzed when I see a furious Harry clenching his fist.

✎✎✎✎✎

Sorry gotta leave you on one more cliffhanger

Like/vote for more updates