9| Myra

*not edited

Cause right now everything is new to me

Last night was my third date with Harry, he took out for a stroll through the park and lead me to a picnic dinner. He cooked everything himself and made my favorite dessert fudge brownies. I was surprised at how everything tasted so deliciousus I wasn't disappointed with any of the food. After we ate we laid across the red blanket, my head laying on Harry's chest whilst we looked up at the stars and talked for hours. We always get lost in our conversations together it could be about anything and somehow we can dwell on it for hours. I haven't once lost interest in him like I usually do on dates and it kind of scares me.

"So are you and Henry a thing," Cassidy says as we sit at our usual table at Rosie's. I love this little restaurant the owner Rosie is the sweetest and makes the best chocolate chip cookies in New York City.

"It's Harry and I don't know."

"What do you mean, you like me don't you?" She lifts an eyebrow.

"Yes but I'm not sure if we can continue this."

"Why not? Who cares if he's your boss. You said no one at work knows about y'all so just follow your heart, Myra." How can I follow my heart when my heart doesn't even know what it wants.

"Still, how do I know if he's the one?" I sigh.

"Honey, you don't. If there were signs saying he's the one for you, there would be less broken hearts in the world." I know Cassidy right I should just trust my gut and take the risk with Harry but it's not so easy for me. I'm not the person that takes risks, I'm the person who hides from their problems.

I've tried dating in college but nothing lasted longer than a week before I either got tired of them or I was too scared to see where it takes me. I feared my heart would break more as it did with Casey, he was my first love, my first everything actually. After sex our relationship changed, I wanted sex out of love and intimacy but he just wanted to get off. It hurt me that after almost four years together he started to care less about me and my feelings and more about his needs. He's the reason why I'm so skeptical of dating, I'm afraid once I have sex with someone they no longer want me. That's why with Harry it's a huge deal if I sleep with him and he no longer wants me I don't think I could face him at the office anymore.

"What if he just wants sex?" I ask Cassidy wanting her input.

"I say have sex with him I think a fling no strings attached might be good for you," she winks at me. "Also not every guy is not like Casey, this Harry might be your greatest love you just got to open your heart to find out." Cassidy sometimes seems like a party animal and doesn't take life too seriously but she honestly the wisest person I know.

"You're the best Cass," I grin.

"I know," she smiles and flips her hair over her shoulder. We finish our lunch and start to go shopping at a small vintage boutique. I just love vintage clothes. In high school, I stole my mother's clothes she wore in the late seventies and eighties and used to wear them religiously. Some people gave me weird looks because I wasn't wearing what was trendy at the moment but I didn't care, I much rather be unique.

I heard bell ring meaning a new customer has entered, and the woman at the front desk greet them. "Hello sir, can I help you find anything today?" I was busy looking at the gold and silver bracelets while Cassidy was on the other side of the shop.

"Yes, I'm looking for a brown coat." I know that voice anywhere. I turn around and yep it was intended Harry. I was quite surprised he shopped here considering he wears a lot of Gucci suits to work, so why come here?

"Follow me," the woman says and leads him to a rack of coats that were brown. I like the system at this store, it's categorized by type of clothing: shirts, pants, skirts etc. Then they sort them by color. It's so much easier I'm looking for a red dress then I check the dress section and look on the red rack. "If you need anything else I'll be over at the counter," she says winking at him then sways her hips, which was useless considering he just started looking through the coats. I swear any woman would throw themselves at him if they had a chance. I grab the two bracelets I wanted and put them in my basket. I was going to head over to him but Cassidy calls me over.

"Hey Myra, look at these pants your ass would look amazing in them!" She yells. I look over at her holding up some white pants then back at Harry who's stare was already on me. I smile and wave at him and he grins back before I walk over to Cassidy.

"Look them have them in multiple colors all in your size. And they're only 15 dollars, c'mon you should get at least two, your ass will look great," Cassidy explains.

"Why do you care if my ass looks great?" I giggle.

"Well because when fine men like that guy are looking at you they need to know that you have curves," she says gesturing over to Harry who was casually looking over at us every few seconds. I smile and turn around to grab one in a tan color and grey considering I have white and black pants similar to these.

"That's actually Harry over there," I whisper to her and pretend to be looking at some shirts.

"What that sexy man, is your man and you are having doubts. Who cares what he wants I'd still sleep with him while I have the chance," she whispers back.

"Just because he's gorgeous doesn't necessarily mean he's good in bed," I state.

"Well we'll never know unless you jump on that," she says referring to Harry. "Or I will," she says checking out Harry's backside.

"Stop that," I grin and smack her arm.

"Hey there's no crime in looking," she puts her hands up in defense. "Now introduce me to Mr. hottie over there." I sigh and lead us over to Harry and he immediately smiles when he sees us walking towards him.

"Hey darling," he says and hugs me I didn't realize how much I missed his arms around me until now.

"Harry this is my best friend, Cassidy," I say after our embrace but he's arm stays wrapped around me.

"So this is the lovely Cassidy I hear so much about," he says and hugs her too.

"I hope she said some good things to way out the bad," she jokes.

"I didn't tell him about Las Vegas so we're both good," I wink and we laugh while Harry stands there clueless.

"What happened in Las Vegas?" He asked curiosity painted over his face.

"Sorry babe, what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas," I say gently patting his chest.

"I'll leave y'all to talk." Cassidy excuses herself to check out her items and I give her the money so she can get mine too while I talk to Harry.

"I had a great time last night," I tell him.

"So did I. I really enjoy spending time with you Myra," he says holding my hand gently sliding his thumb across my knuckles. If only there was a sign telling me if this was a mistake. I hate for either of us to get our hearts broken.

Once Cassidy was done checking out she tells me we have to go. I kiss Harry goodbye it was short but still intense. When I get home I find I go take a nap and hope all my questions will be answered when I wake up.

✤✤✤✤✤

Vote and comment for more updates!