24| Harry*

*Not edited

She lives in daydreams with me

Our New Year's started off pretty fun as we watch the ball drop and got completely wasted. I'm hoping to share more moments like that this year too. Myra threw me a surprise party for my birthday and invited my friends and family. It was nice to have everyone I love all in the same room.

Today, I usually wouldn't go all out but since it's Valentine's Day I'd figure why not. When Myra went to take a shower I place a box of her favorite chocolate and a teddy bear on her bed. This morning I woke up to a new silver watch. The quality is fantastic and even though it isn't a huge name brand I know it must have cost her fortune. I already had the chocolate and teddy bear planned but now I want to give her some jewelry because of the expensive watch she bought for me. Maybe when we're out today I can sneak away and grab her something beautiful.

I hear the bathroom door open and I hide behind Myra's door to see her reaction to the gifts on her bed. She walks in with a flowy crimson red dress, it stops above her knee showing off her amazing calfs. She pauses seeing the items on her bed and gasps. Myra doesn't notices me as she reads the card and I slowly sneak up behind her.

"Aw Harry," she whispers to herself.

"You like it?" I say frightening her. She shrieks and playfully hits my shoulder when she sees it's me.

"Don't scare me like that," she exclaims and I pull her into my arms. I kiss her cheek and apologize, she sighs can't helping but to smile.

"I really do love this though," she gushes looking at the gifts I bought her.

"Well that's not all baby, I got a lot planned for today." Myra's eyes expand in excitement and wonder.

"What are we doing today?" She asks eager to hear my answer.

"It's a surprise." She groans hating surprises, but I want her to be shocked the entire day.
I tell her to meet me at our favorite café in an hour for our lovely date begins. During the hour, I go to a jewelry store which is packed with frantic men and women looking for a beautiful item for their loved one. I head to the bracelets in my price range. An array of silver, gold and diamond bracelets lay underneath the glass. One in particular sticks out to me, it has five diamonds and one ruby—Myra's birthstone. I ask the lady to have a better look at it, up close it looks just right for her. I turn it around and the words I love you are engraved in the silver lining of the bracelet.

"If you wish to remove the graving we can do that, just be an extra day."

I wonder why it's even still engraved but looking at it again it's not the store's original. Someone pawned it off to them. Removing engraving takes a day or two and I need the bracelet today. I decide to buy it because it's perfect for Myra and I don't have to spend all my money here. Plus I do love her so the engraving works.

After purchasing the diamond bracelet, I head to the café to meet Myra. I'm a couple minutes late but I hope she doesn't mind after I give her the beautiful charm.

"Sorry I'm late," I say sitting down across from her.

Her hair is down which I didn't notice earlier. Myra loves pulling her hair in sleek buns and ponytails sometimes braids but I rarely ever see her hair down. I love it down because she looks so carefree and relax letting her unruly kinky curls sway down. I still adore her buns and ponytails, it expose her beautiful face well however she never looks this carefree with them.

"It's okay," she grins waving her hand.

"Before we order, I got you something," I smile pulling the red box from my coat pocket. I slide it across the table to Myra and her eyes light up. She excitedly opens the velvet box and gushes in aw seeing the diamond bracelet.