2| Harry

You got that something, I got me an appetite; now I can taste it

I hardly take the subway it's like I attract the crazies when I take it. Today was the first time in two years since I've taken the subway and it was the first where I wasn't groped or questioning my safety. Today I saw an absolute beauty. I sat in complete boredom and it was quite nice to not have a weirdo next to me but everything about the ride was dull until she boarded. Her smooth chocolate skin draped in a white jumper that was a bit oversized for her body shape. She wore tight black jeans that accentuate her curves lovingly. She didn't notice me staring at her from across the subway car and I'm glad because I'd seem like an absolute freak if she did. She is engaged in an antsy romance that I happened to publish a few months ago. I noticed the way she bites her as she disappears into the book, by the looks of it she's near the end when the hot sex scene happens. She manages to bring her leggings on her sit a pulls them close to her so that the book rests on her knees. She was enticed by the book and I was enticed by her.

Since my car was still in the shop because someone backed into leaving a dent in the side of my car—That's why I even took the subway, I could have taken a cab but something in my gut told me to take the subway. I'm glad I did the woman I say took my breath away and I had to see her again. Have to know who the hell is she? I took the subway again the same time as yesterday in hopes of running into again. When I got on I saw her sitting and there were two empty seats next to her I didn't have the courage to sit next to her though, which is unusual for me. If anyone said anything about me it is I'm a confident arse that doesn't let anything get in my way and a complete flirt. For some reason, I couldn't speak to her yet. I watch her a bit as she types away on her phone. I assume texting a boyfriend someone as beautiful as she has to be taken. Today she wore a tight black dress that shows off her delicious curves, her voluminous lips in between her teeth as she focuses on the screen. I get lost in my thoughts on what her beautiful juicy lips could do to me and I feel my pants getting tighter in the crotch area. I take my briefcase and cover the bulge that's beginning to rise. I decided to look at my schedule for today to distract myself from the ebony goddess across from me. As I over it, I realize that I have a meeting in twenty minutes that I have forgotten about. I look over the information about the new client and their book they are a bestselling artist and it is huge if Hanford published their new book. I was focused for a while until I felt eyes beaming on me. I look up slightly using my peripheral vision and see the beauty across from me staring at me. I continue to pretend I don't notice in case she wasn't looking at me but more than five minutes go by and she's still looking like she's observing me. I almost smile knowing I caught her attention the way she had mine. I get off at the next stop hating I might not see her again. I believe it was fate we happened to be in the same subway car two days in a row if it happens again tomorrow I know for sure I have to talk to her.

I took the subway again today even though my car was fixed by 6 pm yesterday. I just have to find out if this girl was the one I didn't believe in love but it can't be a coincidence. I didn't see her this morning so I lost hope I'd see her again. For lunch I decided to stop for at a café near the subway, I walk in and hear laughter. I smile when it's coming from Her. It was fate how else would we be in the same café at the same time. I sit at the table right behind her booth and sit on the side where I can see her clearly. After her laughter dies down she finally sees me and freezes for a moment before continuing her conversation with her friend. I eat my lunch quickly because I have to get back to work and leave with the hope I will encounter her again and hopefully talk to her. I get on the subway and sit down and a minute after she sits next to me. Did she follow me from the café, I grin at the thought. A few more minutes go by until she finally speaks to me.

"Hey, couldn't help but notice you work for Hanford publishing, it's been a dream of mine to work in a publishing house," her voice was soft and delicate as a flower.

"Oh really?" I smile glad she shares the same interest as me.

"Yes, I just absolutely love to read and write so seeing where writers inner works get to be shared to the public captives me." She speaks with such passion it intrigues me.

"Amazing, I wish more people like you were in the publishing business. Do you currently have a job..." I pause not knowing her name.

"Myra." Even her name is beautiful.

"Pretty name. Do you have a job, Myra?" I say making the conversation not wanting this moment to end.

"Not one I want to be working," she sighs, maybe this is my chance to get to know her more.

"Well, I need a new assistant for awhile since mine is going on maternity leave, if you do a great job I'll take you on my team," I make an offer she can't refuse.

"Oh my god, you won't regret it." She exclaims hugging me and I quite enjoyed it she smelled like an exotic fruit, as she herself was a rare beauty you can't find anywhere else. "Well here's my card it has my office number and address of the building. Call my current assistant tomorrow and she'll help you figure everything out before she leaves," I tell her before getting up to go.

"See you tomorrow," she said as I leave the subway car. I take one last look at her before I get off.

❖❖❖
I hoped you enjoyed this chapter
Vote and comment for faster updates

Ily❦