29| Myra

*not edited

Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry, too

Cassidy thinks I'm stupid for not taking Harry back a couple weeks ago, and some days I agree with her. While others I remember he slept with someone else. I know we were broken up so he had every right to but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

My book has been out for the public for a month now and my book tour starts tomorrow. We start in Boston, Trenton, Philadelphia, Chicago where my parents our coming to see me. Then Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, Austin, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. I'm a new author so I can't go to every state yet so we're hitting the big cities. Jade says that my book is selling faster than most new authors, I guess it's because of my online presence. In college Cassidy and I started a youtube where we gave advice along with some other random videos. Cassidy still keeps up with it and does some art videos. I only do the occasional vlog now but I did do a video promoting my book and our subscribers are just as excited as me for my first book. Jade also said if my book does really well Hanson might want me to be an official author to them. So, whenever I write another book they'll publish it. I believe there's a contract though so I'll have to go over it carefully when the time comes.

"So are you going to tour 13 cities all by yourself?" Cassidy asks.

"No, my editor, Joseph, said he's joining me." Jade was going to but with her father still recovering and her transition to President to CEO responsibilities she decided to stay in New York.

I finish packing the last of my things and get ready for bed. Tomorrow my book tour begins, and I'm so excited.

***
After hearing a knock on the door, I pull my suitcase ready to leave for my book tour. I haven't been to a lot of the states we're going to but Joseph has a plan for each when we get to them. We get to spend three days at each one for the book signing/reading and the others to explore the cities.

I open the door with a smile but it soon disappears when I see Harry. I groan, about to close the door.

"Hey, that's not how you greet your travel buddy." What did he just say?

"Where's Joseph?"

"Something about his mother in the hospital, he couldn't make it and I offered to take his place." What? Why didn't he call me?

I get out my phone and notice three notifications from two hours ago.

Joseph:
Sorry an emergency came up can't make it.
But I'll send someone to accompany you on your tour.

"Fine let's go, but I'm not going to like it."

The first few days weren't terrible Joseph gave Harry his plans so we've been following them. In Chicago I had to lie to my parents that we're still together. I didn't think at my book signing was the best time to bring up our breakup. There was a concert in Nashville so Harry figures we should go see it. He was close friends with the artist's manger. It turned out to be really fun and I got a little too drunk.

Harry carries me to our hotel room since I couldn't keep my balance and places me on my bed. My hands go to the buckle of his belt and undoing it. I pull down the zipper but Harry stops me.

"Stop it Myra, your drunk."

"So, I want you."

"I want you too, but not when you're drunk." I pout and lay down turning away from him. After couple minutes the bed feels really comfortable and I fall asleep.

When I woke up my head was pounding and every sound was like a loud crash in my head. How much did I drink last night. Looking around the room, Harry is no where to be seen. I hear the shower running so he must be in there. I get my stuff ready for my shower since we have to leave for the next city in a couple of hours.