part two ↑

001

001.
ROMANTIC TRAGEDY 2 :
THE TRUTH
_______

Tip, tap,

My gaze touched the ground.

Tip tap, tip, tap,

My ears welcomed the monotone beat of my worn out shoes, colliding with the ground beneath.

I watched intensely; my feet stepping onto the outlined squares on the street, trying to simultaneously step onto each perimeter of the shape.

I was so focused.

So indulged with the material around my feet, that I hadn't even noticed my surroundings.

I was alone in a new city.

A city I only dreamed I would experience that had so much to tell me.

The skyscrapers growing into the clouds, the horns cascading around the road, the cars swerving out of non–stop traffic.

Is this really Seoul?

The city my mother and father divorced each other in?

Am I stepping into something, that I might yet regret later?

Well I guess, there's only one way to find out.

I finally came to a halt, glancing down to my phone and looking for the street name. It took a moment to actually figure out, considering how busy the streets were, but nevertheless, I found it.

I mean, it wasn't exactly rocket science considering that majority of the building were giant skyscrapers that seemingly stood out.

Stood out real hard that a shiver ran down my spine just gazing at it.

Heights. I hate tall things especially, buildings.

With a gulp, I tightened my grip onto my suitcase and dragged it along the way towards the entrance of the building. The doors were spinning in a circular motion, people walking in and out. I took in the last deep breath of the fresh and chilly air, before manoeuvring in and out the doors.