0027 | Nmj

Red eyes

Suffocating clouds, heliotrope sky playing with the eyes of your beloved lover almost as if lying to him was more easier than being with you

Suffocating clouds, heliotrope sky playing with the eyes of your beloved lover almost as if lying to him was more easier than being with you. Finally he knew the difference between love and drugs, coming to a realisation that maybe Love was better. Maybe the feeling of affection and butterflies was more beautiful than the ecstasy of drugs. 

Perhaps you were the only one that could provide him any sort of ecstasy without him having to kill himself with a cancerous powder.

Sad thing was, you never knew he was going through this. You never knew he'd inject toxins into his body, feed them with adrenaline and float with the effect like an ocean of lies, just to keep him sane.

And only if you had known, maybe things would have been different. Maybe.

•     •     • 

11pm. The chilly night napes at your neck, shivering you into a tight self-hug with a protruding pout. Your determined to walk further, just few more blocks to your apartment. But the soaring pain on your heel and the urge of warmth pulls you into a completely different direction, instead walking towards your boyfriends apartment that's much closer.

You're exhausted after having a long shift at work.

The thought of being cuddled into Namjoon's bed was the only thought that was practically making you walk any further. Saying goodbye to the moon, you walk up the stairs of his building and take the spare key under the doormat that he put there incase of emergency.

You used it every time. There clearly was no emergency.

"Namjoon—?" You closed the door, slipping your stilettos off and toddling down the empty hallway.

"Namjoon—?" You become confused. The lights are all on indicating that he should be awake—he never slept at this time anyway.

Your brows furrow, pushing past his bedroom door.

Your eyes meet his empty unmade bed and you nearly roll your eyes until you notice the crimson liquid, stained all over the edge of the bed. You follow the pathway of haematic blood, noticing syringes and packets of pills scattered all over the ground. A churning twist rips through your stomach.