30 | kth

Wintery tears

A screaming roar haled at you as you opened the front door to your penthouse. You had just come back home from a long day. Errands had to be done, shifts had to be made, money had to be spent; and the last thing you wanted to do was party. But you couldn't look so dissatisfied when you stepped into the surprise party, that wouldn't be cool.

So you had to fake your emotions.

"Happy birthday!" They screamed piercingly. You clenched your jaw and walked further into the house with a surprised look.

"Oh my—this is for me?" You pretended being in shock, gaze running over the heads in the crowd.

I don't even know some of these people.

"You are the birthday girl, aren't you?" Came up from the crowd and you narrowed down the voice of your best friend. I told her I dislike parties. It stings your chest that she didn't remember what you said but you wipe it away with a wide smile.

"What are we waiting for?!" She screamed into the air, completely taking you by shock. "Let's get this party started!" In my house?

Your eyes widened. Everyone scattered through the house as if they'd own the damn thing. Your nails dug semicircles into the palms of your hand as you felt the anger ride up your body. It was nice to be thrown a surprise party but you hated everything about parties. Didn't she listen the first time I told her? You shook your head dishearteningly.

Keeping your solid eyes on everything happening in your house, you walked towards the kitchen to notice your best friend standing on the kitchen island whilst dripping alcohol down her body. You glared at the way she moved her hips almost seductively at the crowd of men and some women, intently staring up at her.

She wanted the party for herself, not me.

You furiously go towards your bedroom and pick up a jacket. On your way out you yell, "get the fuck out of my room," To two couples and lock the door with a key once they've existed out. You place your jacket on and leave your penthouse, walking out the lobby and out the building.

Once you've left and the crispy air napes at your face, you shiver with not any idea of what to do now. You could rent a hotel-room for the night, or you could go celebrate the last three hours of your birthday by yourself. Your parents were out of town, your brother didn't really want to see you anytime soon and your sister could care less about meeting you at a time like this.

And you'd rather not go back up to the party so you guess, you're stuck alone.

You sigh, staring at the cars that drive by whilst moving on your feet. There's barely anyone out which is weird because this is one of the busiest streets at all time. It makes you feel as though there's an apocalypse and you are the only one left alive to fight. But that halts in your mind when you notice a bench, quickly walking fast towards it and sitting down.

I would probably be able to stay alive in an apocalypse if I do say so myself. You were quite the gamer. Gaming was one of the many specialties you were great at–surprisingly.

"Do you mind, your sitting on my feet."

You jumped up from your seat to notice a person with a blanket over them, sleeping on the bench your butt was attached too, a moment ago. Your heart dropped into the pit of your stomach as your eyes narrowed down the face of the man as he began sitting up and staring at you too.