Part two | kth

The Unpredictable boy
pt. 2
- warning; read at your own risk -

"How are you so fluent with English? You have no accent, nor do you stutter. Impressive really." You blow on your chai-tea.

His lips tug upwards, proud of himself. "Well, my parents did move to Australia for some time. I guess I must've just picked it up from a young age." He shrugged.

You nod understandably, sipping the hot tea.

"What about you?" He narrows his eyes.

You tilt your head, "what about me?" You chuckle.

"What convinced you to study here?"

You pulled at your lips in contemplation. You don't know. It occurred to you that you didn't necessarily have a specific reason to move here. Yes studying was a major reason, but besides that, there was nothing.

Although, now that you think about it, it could've been the lifestyle back home. You wasn't quite fond of your situation nor past, thinking it was best to move forward in life, ideally, in another country. You never once thought you'd actually go through with the plan, it was all an idea. An idea of wonders.

So that was why you moved here, to escape.

"I don't know, really." You zoned out. "I guess I just wanted an escape from everything, escape the life I lived back home. The life I wasn't proud of living." Your presence was here but your mind was elsewhere, you felt like you were reminiscing through the past again.

"And this was your escape."

You looked upwards, his eyes on yours.

"Moving here, million miles away from home was the runaway you had planned, am I right?" You fluttered your eyelashes, gulping in surprise.

"Yeah." You lower your gaze.

"Hey," he calls out softly, so soft you feel like crying in his arms. "Don't hurt yourself about it. Things like that happen, it's life. What can we do?" He shrugs sympathetically, leaning forward and sinking those beautiful puppy eyes at you.

"You're a strong girl, give yourself some time. Obviously, you're still a bit taken back from the new chapter in your life. It's all an experience, a time in your life that you won't regret." You instinctively nod your head along his soft-like words. His tone is so soothingly calming, you listen closely like it's the ocean singing in a shell. "Once you're used to everything here, you'll be absolutely fine. And it's not like you have no friends." He chuckles.

• • •

Four weeks passed by relatively quickly. You and Taehyung had on and off conversations, sometimes even meeting each other on campus or going to cafe's to catch up with each others days. You were starting to know him a lot more better, but sometimes he was a bit reluctant on opening up about himself on bigger issues.