4

Katerina's POV

I tensed up and I went to step in front of Vince.  Stupid move, he quickly pushed me back behind him and tensed up. You see Vince is the alpha of the brother pack to our pack. We all lived in the same pack house and conflict between him and Derek honestly wasn't uncommon.

His pack is the Blood Moonlight Pack, ours is the Blood Moon Pack. We are very close almost like a whole pack. We've just never combined due to conflict between Alphas.

Derek was furiously walking towards us and I saw Vince smirk at the idea of getting into another fight with Derek. That's when I saw it, a smirking Jonathan on top of the roof, just waiting for someone to walk outside. Oh Derek you're about to get so much more pissed if you keep heading this way.

I tapped Vince on the shoulder and made him look up, his smirk widened.

Derek came outside.

Of course now he was drowned in flour, super glue, and feathers.

A growl escaped Derek's lips. Everyone was laughing now at his tall, buff framed covered in feathers.

It was definitely a sight to be seen. Of course one of Derek's many girls came up and whispered "Lets go get you cleaned up." And with that they left to do god knows what. Maybe she'd lick him clean. I laughed to myself sometimes I love what I think of

Vince and I were still relishing in what just happened. "I feel bad for his mate." Vince randomly commented. "Why?" I inquired, slightly nervous now.

"He would never be loyal. He would break his mate till she had no heart left, and no woman should ever be treated like that."

I looked at him, "What if his mate doesn't care?" He smiled and shrugged, "I don't know princess, I don't know."

I felt the urge to kiss him again, so I did. It was a good rest of the night we just got comfortable around each other, even more than we already were.

We went inside to dance, but somehow we had managed to be back outside. By the pool. Idea.

He was talking when suddenly I pushed him in the pool. Needless to say he was ready for vengeance when he popped out of the water.

"You did not just do that!" He said in a growl. "Oh but I did." I laughed out as I ran.

But running was useless, soon a pair of hands were picking me up. "Don't you dare!"

"You started it babe." He winked, then jumped in with me. He came up to me and cupped my face in his hands.

I stood on my tiptoes in the pool and kissed him this time for a bit longer than we had kissed all night.

Then I walked away. Hoping he would follow and he did. I turned around and acted like I was gonna kiss him.

Sike! I then called out a battle cry and dunked him. He came up and dunked me. Then we kissed underwater! Every girls cliche dream right?

-next day-

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Ughhhhh!" I grabbed my phone. "Yes cruel human who is calling me so early?"

Layla's voice came through my phone speaker, "Please tell me you weren't faking it with Vince!?"

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know I thought for a minute you just wanted to make Derek jealous. Which you did! Did you see him? It was priceless."

"Oh yeah no I really like Vince, I'm just kinda scared he's gonna find his mate and drop me. To be honest I didn't see Derek all night I wasn't paying attention."

Laughter roared through the phone "Well it was priceless. And don't worry about Vince dropping you, just enjoy it now."

Then we hung up.

She never denied he wouldn't drop me, just enjoy it.