5

Vince's POV

I woke up and my thoughts instantly were of Katerina. She was so amazing last night we laughed and kissed and it was really fun, but what happens when we find our mates? The mate bond will demolish our feelings for each other, so what do we do? I decided to send her a good morning text:

Vince:

Good Morning :-)

Katerina:

Morning :-)

Vince:

What happens when we find our mates?

Katerina:

I thought about that too! Layla said we should enjoy this while it's here.

Vince:

But what if I don't want this to go away?

Katerina:

That'll change when you meet your mate :/

Vince:

Here's what I propose we be friends so we don't get hurt further, I'll help you out if some guy bugs you or to say you need to make your mate jealous, and you'll do the same for me?

Katerina:

Okay deal :-) thanks Vince

Vince:

Anytime Katerina ;) see you around

I sighed. Relieved that we can talk like this. We are true friends. Oh Katerina I hope you get a good mate.

Katerina's POV

"So that's it?!" Layla's voice questioned. I had just told her about me and Vince's convo earlier, god that boy needs to stop being so perfect.

"Yep. So now I say I found my mate but he rejected me can you help me?" Layla laughed, "Ooo kill em'" I smiled "See you Monday babe" she replied with, "Bye babe!" I then got up and threw my now wavy hair up into a ponytail. I changed into track shorts and a sports bra.

"Mom I'm going running!" I waited for the response, "Okay sweety! Heads up next week you'll be training a few wolves at the pack house!" I sighed, "Okay." I was one of the best warriors in our pack, it's bloodline.

I put my headphones in and let the music flow into my blood stream, heeling all brokenness within me. I started to sing along as I ran through the woods. I cranked it louder.

The world disappeared as I thought of everything that had happen in a matter of one day. I was just me walking into school, until that stupid arse had to ruin it. Why did he reject me? I didn't understand. Did I do something? No need to ask these questions now.

"Fancy meeting you here." A familiar deep voice said. I spun around to face the voice. One headphone in and a little startle. No one ever came on my running trails. "Nah you're just a good stalker." I replied quickly and without thought.

He laughed a dark laugh, "Why on earth would I stalk you?" I shrugged. "I truly don't know. Anyway how's your skank? What's her name again?" This made his calm expression changed shocked, "She's not a skank first off and second her name is Mary."

I gave him a small apologetic smile, "You're right she probably isn't. She seemed very caring at the party." I actually meant this with the upmost sincerity I didn't like him necessarily, but being cruel about people I didn't know wasn't my character. "Nah she isn't really she just wants to be loved." He replied, a little twinge of what I believed to be sadness in his tone.

I cracked a small fake smile, "Love, love, love silly stupid love what is it good for? Absolutely nothing." He looked taken back by my comment, and I was starting to enjoy seeing his shocked expression at things I said. "I actually believe it's good for something." I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure you do, and that's why you go around breaking hearts like it's nothing." He shrugged, looking into the distance.

"Exactly." I asserted. "Why are you out here?" He asked after a minute or two of silence. "Just running. Why are you out here?" He shrugged once more then said, "Wear more clothes guys will be checking you out up and down. That's not okay."

His voice was almost jealous at the end of the sentence. I scoffed. "What right do you have to tell me what is okay and what isn't? Huh?" I put a hand on my hip in annoyance. His piercing sea green and electric blue mixture of eyes made contact with mine now. "I can because I'm your mate! And your alpha!" Well I wasn't expecting that. A piece of me wanted to obey, but it just wasn't in me to give in to him.

"You rejected me! I'm not your mate! You can't just reject me and then act like you give care because lets be honest you don't really do you?" I examined his chiseled face. His tan skin, his full light pink lips, those electric blue eyes and his dark brown locks effortlessly hanging a little in his eyes, a few strands sticking up here and there. I waited for my answer and hated myself for the part of me that wanted him to say yes.

"No I don't." He said in a calm tone and walked away. My wolf once more was heartbroken. I was so sick of feeling so out of control around him. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I was going to get him crawling on his knees for me.
-----------------------

A/N

I'm leaning towards Ian Somerhalder being Derek (Ian Somerhalder is Damon Salvatore from TVD) I'll let you know if I change that in the near future.

Thanks for reading!