6

Derek's POV

I don't care. Don't look back. Fuck the moon goddess for giving me none other then Katerina freaking Vaughn as my mate.

Fuck Katerina and her natural puppy dog hazel eyes. And that smirk, not to mention her real smile.

She makes it hard to walk away. But I don't want her needless to say. I can walk away and I'll do it everyday if I have to. My wolf whimpered at the thought of walking away from her. I ignored it though. That wasn't what I wanted.

Katerina's POV

I ran home after my encounter with Derek. I was fuming. I immediately called Layla. "Hey Hun you okay?" I sighed "No. I saw Derek while I was running." I could feel myself begin to shake from the anger as I told her what happened.

"He disgusts me so much. We're going to make him pay babe I promise. Call Vince tell him that you found your mate but he rejected you and you need vengeance. NOW!" I nodded on the other end and said okay, as soon as we hung up I called Vince. "Hey Vince!" A piece of me felt guilty already, asking this of him was cruel in itself.

"Hey Katerina what's up?"

"You could call me Kat you know?"

"I know." I laughed at this. "Anyways I found my mate..."

"You did?! That's great!"

"Not really Vince..."

"What? Why?" I sighed preparing to tell him. "My mate is Derek Clarke." I heard Vince suck in his breath. "He rejected me. Layla says I need to get him back for it. But I'm not sure I mean I understand why he would reject me."

"No! He has no right to reject you, you are everything someone could wish for in a mate! Me and you are gonna get that douche back good. Get ready for Monday Katerina I have some good plans."

"You're the best you know that Vince?" I heard him laugh. "Yeah I know." With that we hung up. I went through my day normally, Netflix, dinner, shower, sleep. Luckily I slept most of Sunday away. I was beyond anxious for Monday.

What did Vince have planned? Whatever it was I needed to look smoking. I grabbed a skirt out of my closet. It was a black lacy skater skirt. I then pulled out a cropped tight crocheted tank, It would go perfectly with the sandals I was wearing.

I would straighten my hair tomorrow. I was thinking I would also wear a winged eyeliner and mascara simple but bold.

-Next Day-

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach. I instantly went to my bathroom and plugged in my straightener. I had showered last night so I would have extra time.

I then moved on to my eyeliner and mascara, once that was done my straightener had heated up so I straightened my hair, duh. Then I got dressed. After that I put in my earrings, and put a shorter necklace on. I looked presentable.

"Bye mother!" I sang as I kissed her cheek she looked at me shocked. "Ummm bye?" With that I got into my jeep, before I left I plugged in my phone to blast music.

The Summer Set was playing shuffled, I cranked it up to 30. "Well hello there." purred Layla as I pulled up. "Hey!" I smiled. "You look rather attractive."

"Thank you me and Vince have revenge planned."

"Makes sense now." We both laughed and just jammed to the music on the way there. When we got there Vince was waiting by the door with the other guys. He looked up and caught my eyes he smiled and waved.

I returned the smile and wave. I walked over to him feeling very confident. Layla obviously branched off with Aaron. "Hello beautiful!" Vince said. "Hey handsome!" I said with a playful wink.

Since he was leaning back against a pole I could lean in kinda as he wrapped his arms around my waist. We talked and flirted, never missing a beat. It felt so natural.

"Guess who's looking?" Vince whispered into my ear. "Who?" I asked he replied with, "Derek. A very mad looking Derek we both laughed, when we finished laughing Vince kissed my nose.

As the bell rung I heard a familiar growl I smirked as Vince put his arm around me, I leaned into him as we walked into the school. Normally I don't play games but man this was different.