Twisted Logic

•~• Nic's POV •~•

It has been a week since I came into Jay's life as his personal shadow. It hasn't been easy. In fact, I have found myself wanting to personally wring his neck more times in a day than I care to count.

Por ejemplo.

When Sam and I told Jay about my plan to masquerade as his girlfriend, he nearly punched Sam in the face.

"We want to make it appear as if you're still without your own bodyguard. To hopefully force the unsub to make his move. Cocky criminals tend to get sloppy. Having a woman by your side who will act like a lovesick lover is our best course of action!"

He actually shook his head like a petulant five year old.

"No. Ayoko. I have a reputation to uphold, Miss Mendoza. I don't do commitments. I don't like being tied down to one woman. Do you know what they call me in magazines?"

Asshole?

He didn't seem to care that I didn't answer his question as he just went on with his tirade.

"I'm the country's Most Sought After Bachelor! Women everywhere want to date me. Actresses, models, celebrities, politicians. Even politicians' wives and daughters! I have never been out with the same woman twice! Now you want me to help you convince people that I'm all of a sudden in a committed relationship? With you!?"

The temptation to Jujitsu the arrogance from his face was so great but he is my boss and I am a professional. Plus if I'm being honest to myself, Jay Faulkerson II is cute in that hot nerd kind of way. I can see why women flock to him.

Like horny birds to a sexy worm. A tall, lean, bedimpled worm. No, not worm. Anaconda. Yeah.

I digress.

Jay eventually agreed to cooperate but only because Sam threatened to call his grandmother. With that out of the way, Sam and I, plus the three other men who apparently were part of his company's security detail, went over the logistics of the gargantuan task of keeping Jay Faulkerson II alive while he stayed by the mini bar, sulking.

I moved into his penthouse suite that same night.

"Where am I sleeping?"

"Excuse me?"

"Where am I sleeping? Is there a room near the master? I need to be able to run to your side quickly at the first sign of trouble. Incidentally, who else has the codes to your private elevator? Sam gave me a list. Is there someone else you gave your codes to? Perhaps one of the many women you've brought here?"

He looked at me like I grew a second head.

We stood there for a few more minutes before I cleared my throat to snap him back to focus.

"Faulkerson, it's been a long day. I'd really like to know where I'll be sleeping so I can start making my last rounds before I head off to bed. You have an early day tomorrow which means I need to get up earlier."

He rubbed his nape with his hand.

"Look uhm Nic.. can I call you Nic?"

I nodded.

"This suite only has one bedroom. I had the smaller bedroom converted into a home office and the guest room into a gym. There's a huge sectional in the living—-"

"How big is your bed?"

"Excuse me? How big is my what?

"Your bed. How big is it? I can't sleep on the couch. That would be too uncomfortable and too far away from you. I need a good night's rest to help keep me alert. The only solution I see until better arrangements can be made is to sleep on the same bed with you. So... what size bed do you have?"

"I.. uhm.. King-sized."

"Perfect. Plenty of room for the two of us. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do a perimeter check of your suite before I get ready for bed. Please stay away from the windows and the balcony for now."

When I came back after making sure all possible entry points were secured, I found him exactly where I left him, still looking a little confused and a lot annoyed.

"Are you still hung up over the fact that I'm sleeping on your bed, Faulkerson? You need to get over that real quick. This is a job. My job is to stick to you like glue and make sure you don't end up hurt or worse, dead. Nothing more, nothing less. If that entails sleeping on your bed for one night, then so be it."

"Hindi pwede."

"I'm not looking to cuddle, if that's what you're worr—-"

"No! It's not that."

One karate chop to the neck. One. And we can both be asleep in no time. Lord please help me find the strength not to kill this man-child.

"Then what's the problem?"

He looked down on his feet, stuck his hands in his pants pocket and mumbled his reply.

"What? I didn't hear you."

"I said, I sleep naked!"

I rolled my eyes at him and started walking towards the master bedroom, my rolling luggage in tow.

"Don't worry, Faulkerson. I won't look."

*•*•*

Author's note: Unbeta'd. So if you trip over a typo or run face-first into a grammar lapse, leave your name and number in the comments section and my insurance people will contact you.

Also, posts will vary in length. Some will be long, some short. Some will be written days in advance, some will be written off the cuff. So uhm yeah, that's about it in the way of disclaimers.

ps. gusto ko ng tuna pie 😭