Paradise

•~• Nic's POV •~•

"Faulkerson."

"Hmmm?"

"Don't you think I should start earning the rather hefty fee your company is paying me as your bodyg—"

"Stop right there."

"I'm just saying... it doesn't feel like I'm doing any kind of work. All we do is well, nothing. We literally don't do anything except eat, watch movies and take walks on the beach."

"So?"

"Anong so? So I'm not really working. There is no threat to your life here. Who am I protecting you from? The big, bad ocean waves?!"

We were in the middle of watching another zombie apocalypse movie on Netflix, smooshed together on his bed, surrounded by pillows, junk food and pizza boxes.

Yes, pizza boxes. We're in a remote island, surrounded by miles and miles of water with nary a blip of land anywhere and yet when I mentioned I was craving for pizza, four hours later, six boxes of still hot pizzas arrived by boat just in time for dinner.

Iba rin.

"Do you not like it here anymore?"

His question snapped me out of my reverie. I blinked and refocused my attention to him. He looked sad and worried.

"Why the sad face? I didn't say I wanted to leave or that I'm not happy here. If anything, I'm too happy I don't want to leave ever! I mean, who in their right mind would want to leave paradise?"

The way his face lit up, you'd think it was Christmas morning, his birthday and George R.R. Martin announcing that he finally started writing the last Game of Thrones book all rolled into one.

"What's with the goofy face, Faulkerson? May nasabi—"

"Then stay here. With me. For as long as we both shall—"

I bolted off the bed and out of the room.

"What the... MENDOZA! San ka na naman pupunta?!"

I ran as fast and as far as my legs could take me. Out of the house. Past the gates. I ran to the beach and would've kept running if—

"ARAY! TANGINA KASI MENDOZA TUMIGIL KA NGA NG KAKATAKBO!!"

I stopped running, turned around and fell to the ground laughing my ass off.

"Not funny! Aray kingina! Will you stop laughing and help me?! Can't you see I'm bleeding here?"

I jogged back to where Jay was sprawled on the sand, knees all scraped and raw, and very, very mad.

"Why did you run away from me?! Look what happened!"

"Did I tell you to follow me? Did I say, yoohoo Jay come get me! Hindi naman diba? Did I tell you to run after me?"

He stood up, shook his head and started walking back to the house.

I was about to say something else when he suddenly turned around.

"I ran after you because I can't imagine starting and ending my days without you. Kaya kita hinabol. Kaya ako nadapa. I can't imagine life without you, Mendoza."

Teka lang naman.

"Where are you going?"

"Back to the house to wash and clean my wounds. I'll wait for you there. Don't run too far, okay?"

I watched as he walked away from me, head bowed low and limping.

I took a deep breath and took off running- towards him.

When I caught up to him I took his hand and together we walked back home.

*•*•*

Author's note: Pssst. Hinay naman sa pag-demand ng update. Nakaka-pressure na rin and it's kind of turning me off the whole process. 😔

Pag anim na araw na kong di nag-uupdate, sige kalampagin niyo ko pero susmaryosep, pengeng oras magnilay-nilay. Tao lang po. Orayt? Orayt.

Also, no. Hindi pa sila. Ewan ko sa dalawang yan. Gulo ng mga tuhod. Nakakakulot ng apdo.