A Whisper

Inside the dimly lit room a small figure lay on its side on a thin mattress on the floor, weakly whimpering.

"Mama..."

A loud creaking noise startled the young boy making him crawl painfully on his arms to cower in the dark corner as a tall stranger laid a tray by the mattress.

"Here. Food. Eat."

"I want to go home. Hinahanap na ako nina Mama at Papa."

The tall stranger squatted near the young boy.

"You'll go home when I get what I want."

Fresh hot tears spilled from the young boy's eyes.

"Stop crying! Look, I won't hurt you. I promise. Babalik din kita sa parents mo. Okay? I just need you for a little while longer."

The young boy struggled to push himself up from his cramped position. Swiftly, the tall stranger moved to help the child sit up, his back to the wall.

"Where's my wheelchair?"

"Downstairs. If you need help, just let me know. I'm not a bad man, Sebastian. I just want to right a wrong. Like what happened to you. Don't you miss being able to walk on your own?"

Reaching down, the child touched his legs.

"Nami-miss but Mister Jay gave me a really awesome wheelchair! It's like a really cool car that's just for me! And he said, he won't stop looking for a doctor who can make me walk again."

The tall stranger huffed dismissively then stood up to walk to the only window in the room.

"It's his fault you can't walk."

With a sudden burst of bravery, the child spoke.

"No! It's not Mister Jay's fault I can't walk. He's my best friend! I'm his number one best buddy!"

Quietly, the tall stranger responded.

"I was his best friend too before he took everything from me."

"MISTER JAY IS A GOOD MAN!"

The tall stranger looked at the young boy, loyalty and love evident on his face then walked out of the room.

"He'll be a dead man soon."

*•*•*

Author's note: Second update tonight. ('Skolord ano ba tong pinasok ko sa fic na ito?)

ps. O ayan kilala niyo na si Seb. Eh si Nicanor, kilala niyo ba kung sino siya?

ps 2.0. Wag niyo na reviewhin tong buong fic. Wala si Nicanor dito. Andun sa kabilang village yun.