Fix You

•~• Nic's POV •~•

It's been more than five weeks since the explosion landed me in the ICU. Except for that little scare when all my vitals crashed, everything has turned around for the better after the little blood clot at the base of my skull was taken care of.

My doctors gave me my walking papers and a clean bill of health. They all agreed that I could resume all previous activities and have even encouraged me to stick to my normal workout routine.

Basically, I am back in fighting form. And it looks like everybody got the memo except for one person.

"Why are you out of bed? Get back in there. What do you want? Are you hungry? Do you feel sick? Is it your head? What do you need, Nic? Tell me."

"I need to pee!"

"Let me carry you."

"Faulkerson! For the nth time! I'm fine! Your doctor friend told me I'm fine! The entire medical staff at the hospital told me I'm fine! Stop treating me like an invalid!"

He still made a move to carry me into the bathroom.

"I'm seriously going to pee on you if you take one step closer to me."

He sat down by the foot of the bed.

"Be careful, please. And don't close the door all the way!"

I slammed the bathroom door shut and locked it.

I counted to five.

Right on cue, I heard soft knocking on the door.

"Mendoza, okay ka lang diyan? Answer me so I won't worry."

"I'm fine."

Now I know how he felt when I was the one hovering. It really does get supremely annoying over time. The thing is, Faulkerson took it up a notch. He didn't just hover. He worried himself to the point of ridiculousness.

The moment we stepped out of the hospital, he practically strong-armed me into his private plane because he insisted that I needed more recuperating and that I could only do that in his resort villa.

After several hours in the air, we landed on a private airstrip then took a ferry to a smaller island. I had no idea where we were, when I checked my phone there was no cell service and to cap it all off, I wasn't able to pack anything! Everything I needed to do my job, we left behind.

The only reason I didn't break any of his arms off was the fact that he showed me a closet full of clothes which he assured me were in my size and another closer stocked to the rafters with all kinds of weapons.

Boy scout. Laging handa.

I checked my phone again.

"Why don't we have cell signal here?"

"We do. Turn off your phone location muna tapos wait, give me your phone."

He tinkered with my phone for a couple of minutes, handed it back to me then walked to a control panel embedded on the wall.

"Check again."

Cell service, finally!

"What's with all the James Bond voodoo with my phone?"

"I'll explain it some other time. Long story short, nobody can trace your calls or pinpoint your exact location through your phone. Nobody knows we're here except your team and my security officers and I want to keep it that way."

"Okay. And Sam? How is he?"

He walked back to where I was and sat down beside me.

"I sent him somewhere out of the country. He's still shaken up about the whole thing and needs a lot more time to get back on his feet."

I nodded and leaned my head to rest on his shoulder.

"I should be the one taking care of you and keeping you safe."

He leaned his head on mine.

"We'll take turns, okay? For now, let me take care of you. You not only saved my life but you saved Sam's as well. You nearly died doing your job. At least let me repay your bravery kahit hanggang nandito lang tayo. Is that okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay, so.... What do you want to do? Do you want to eat? There's an aviary just behind this villa. Do you want to go see the birds?"

I burrowed closer to him.

"I'm fine where I am right now."

He stood up and before I could protest, carried me and put me down on the bed then snuggled back close to me.

"Better?"

"Better."

He kissed the top of my head.

"Good. I feel the same way."

*•*•*

Author's note: I fell asleep while editing! Sorry about that. Here's the last update (for Wednesday).