Hurts Like Heaven

•~• Jay's POV •~•

After the event, we had a quiet ride back to my place but the moment we entered the suite, all hell broke loose and then something hit me on the head.

Ow.

I turned around but didn't have enough time to duck as another unidentified flying— wait, was that an orange— hit me.

"Aray, kingina! What's your problem, Mendoza?"

She hurled both her stilletos towards me but they hit the mini bar instead.

"Stop that!! If you break anything in here, I'm taking it off of your fee. What the hell is wrong with you?!"

She fisted both hands in her hair and snarled.

"Don't go off-script! Don't do that! Don't do anything that could throw me off!"

She then stomped her way to the master bedroom but before I could follow her, she turned around and yelled at me.

"Don't follow me! Stay put for two fucking minutes. Give me time to settle!"

I was never good at following orders. And I was getting seriously pissed off at getting yelled at after being pummeled with fruits and high heels.

"I SAID DON'T FOLLOW ME!"

I walked over to where she was standing and got in her face. When I was sure I had her full attention, I moved even closer and spoke in her ear.

"You don't fucking tell me what to do in my own fucking suite. I'll go where I want to go. If you want to be alone, go be alone somewhere else. This is MY bedroom."

She pushed me off her then walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

As soon as she was gone, I sat on the bed and started to get undressed. The game launch while fun was tiring. I lost count of the hours I spent talking about the game, showing people how to play the game and actually playing the game with some of the attendees.

I looked at the clock. 11:45PM. Time to turn in.

I briefly wondered where Nic was when the door quietly opened and she walked in.

"I'm going to sleep on the sectional. You have an appointment at 10 am so you need to rest now. I'm done with the perimeter check. Everything is secured. Goodnight, sir."

Sir? What the actual... did she just call me sir?

I quicly got off the bed and caught her arm just before she made a move to close the door.

"Let me go."

"No. Not until you tell me what I did wrong. You barely spoke to me the entire time we were at the event!"

"I'm just tired from having to be hyper alert all day. So many people wanted to talk to you, or get your attention, or drag you off somewhere private to talk to you some more. And your security team sucks at keeping a perimeter. Plus you— nevermind. Let go so we can both get some sleep."

"Plus what, Mendoza? Tell me."

She mumbled an answer.

"What?"

"I said you kissed me on the shoulder! Don't do that again! Now let me go!"

I held onto her tighter and pulled her closer to me.

"Let's table this discussion for tomorrow. For now, matulog na tayo. We're both tired but you more so. Which is why you're not sleeping on the sectional. Sleep here, with me. Don't argue anymore, please."

She nodded and made her way to her side of the bed.

I closed the door and went to my side of the bed. I got under the covers then reached up to switch off the overhead lamps.

"Faulkerson."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I threw stuff at you."

"That's okay. Wag mo na lang ulitin."

"Okay. Your turn."

"My turn to what?"

"Apologize."

"For what exactly?"

"For kissing my shoulder."

I grunted, turned away from her and closed my eyes.

"Faulker—"

"I'm not going to apologize for something I'm not sorry about. Now go to sleep."

I heard her sigh softly.

"Nic?"

"What?"

"Thank you for keeping me safe today."

"It's my job. Goodnight."

A few seconds passed.

"But thank you for the dress. It really is beautiful."

"It suits you."

I felt the bed dip but stayed quiet. Then I felt a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"There. We're even. Goodnight."

Tangina, bakit ako kinilig?

I fell asleep confused but smiling like a lunatic.