Sparks

•~• Nic's POV •~•

I woke up fully alert and found myself practically engulfed by Jay. It was hard to tell where I ended and where he started. We were a mess of arms and legs and if I'm not mistaken, one other appendage.

However, it wasn't our 'unconcsious coupling' that woke me up. It was the unceasing buzzing sound coming from the front of the suite.

Carefully, I untangled myself from Jay, reached for my gun then walked quietly to the bedroom door. The buzzing still hasn't stopped so I eased myself out of the room moving quickly towards the private elevator control panel.

Still locked. Good.

Despite the fact that the entire suite was illuminated only by the lights from the buildings outside, still I moved in stealth not wanting to give whoever was buzzing the main doors an idea that someone was already awake.

I made a detour to Jay's home office and went straight to the panel of monitors to check if any of the security cameras could tell me what was happening outside.

"You left me."

Startled, I whisked around and aimed my gun towards the voice.

"Are you seriously going to shoot me just because I kissed your shoul—"

"Tangina Faulkerson! I could've killed you! Don't ever sneak up on me like that again!"

He had the audacity to smirk at me.

"What's the buzzing noise?"

"I was about to check that before you came in here."

"Sorry. I woke up and you were gone. I got worried. So sue me."

Gaga. Wag kang kiligin. Umayos ka.

I went back to checking the security feed and found nothing that could explain the buzzing sound. I started manipulating the camera controls to do another, more thorough sweep.

"What's that?"

"What?"

"Second monitor. Hallway outside the main entrance. What's that on the floor?"

I adjusted the security camera and maneuvered it to pan lower. I zoomed in.

"That's not something! That's someone! Jay, that's Sam!"

I sprinted to the main doors, gun in hand, Jay right behind me. He made a move to step outside but I stopped him and planted myself firmly between him and the door.

"What the hell?! That's Sam on the floor, Mendoza. He looks like he needs help! Get out of my way!"

"I know. But last I checked, people don't make buzzing noises. So we still need to be careful! Call your security team. No, scratch that. Use my phone, call MY team. Whoever answers, just say, Code Yellow. They'll know what to do."

"But Sam—"

"Faulkerson, we're wasting time arguing. Call my team. Now. I'll take care of Sam. I can't do that if I'm worrying about you too! GO!"

He made a move of leaving but before I could do anything else, I was grabbed from behind and spun around.

"The fu—"

I didn't have time to say anything else as his lips claimed mine in a heated kiss.

"Be careful, Mendoza. Please."

I could only nod my head as I pushed him away.

"Make the call."

I watched as he ran back to the master bedroom.

The buzzing still hasn't stopped but instead began to intensify.

I cocked my gun then opened the door.

So many things happened all at once.

Sam's unconscious body fell backwards, a large metallic box tumbled onto the floor, then a high pitched piercing sound replaced the buzzing followed by short stacatto beeps.

I picked up the box and slid it as far away from us as I could then threw my body over Sam just as the deafening boom of an explosion filled the air.

"MENDOZA!!"

I opened my eyes and saw Jay looming over me, worry etched on his face.

"Jay—"

Another explosion tore into the hallway and I felt myself being lifted off the ground. Then I heard voices, lots of them as I struggled to stay conscious.

"I'm fine! I said I'm fucking fine! Tend to her, not me! NIC! NIC! Can you hear me?! I DON'T CARE IF I'M BLEEDING! FOCUS ON MENDOZA OR I SWEAR TO GOD I'll KILL ALL OF YOU RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!"

"Jay..."

"Nic! I'm here! No, baby don't move. Your team is here. Help is on the way. Just stay still, okay?"

I nodded weakly at him.

And then let the darkness take over.

*•*•*

Author's note: A few things, one, I will forever be grateful to everyone who has read and continue to read my stories. I appreciate every vote, every comment, every tweet. I understand that sometimes our emotions can get the better of us especially if we're rooting for a particular character. But please, try to remember this is fiction. An alternate universe I created inspired by A&M. I get that I have readers who have their leanings and their biases and yun nga, minsan nake-carried away ng feels. Pero try not to shade A&M using my characters. Wag ganun.

The flaws and shortcomings of my characters are fictional as well and should not be used to judge either of the two.

Two, I'm not in competition with any of the other AD/MC writers. Please stop with the subtle comparing ng frequency ng updates, ng style of writing. Doing so creates a hostile environment for writers eh. Maingay na nga sa Twitter, let's not drag the chaos in here too.

And lastly, expect shorter than usual updates today. Yes more than one. ☺️

I hope everyone's enjoying their vacays!