White Shadows

•~• Jay's POV •~•

She. wouldn't. leave. me. alone.

Everywhere I went, she went. And I mean every frigging where.

One time, I almost peed all over my bathroom floor when she barged in without knocking.

Another time, she hurriedly dragged me up to my suite and locked us both inside my bedroom all because she needed to shower after a meet and greet event for Player 02's newest game, but didn't want to let me out of her sight.

She showered without closing the bathroom door all the way.

This woman is relentlessly determined to shadow my every move.

Like right now, for example. I was in the middle of a meeting with my research and development team when I accidentally tipped over my mug and got my pants drenched in black coffee.

I excused myself to get changed in my office. I barely closed the door shut when she pushed it open and strolled in.

"I can get dressed on my own, Mendoza. There is absolutely no need for you to be here."

"I'm not here to help you change your slacks, Faulkerson. However, it won't hurt for people to think we're playing a little hide the zucchini in here. We're supposed to be lovers after all."

I closed my eyes and counted to ten.

Patience, Jay. Patience.

I almost jumped out of my skin when she moved closer to me and touched my shoulder. I turned and was about to snarl at her but she reached up and cupped my face in her hand.

"I know this whole arrangement pisses you off but I would rather have you pissed off than dead. I'm sure your family feels the same way. Sige na, go change your slacks. I'll step out for a little bit."

Before she could step outside, I caught her arm and spun her back close to me.

"What the hell—-"

"You really need to stop touching me."

"Ano ka ba? We're trying to convince people we're lov—-"

"There's nobody else here but us. There's nobody to convince. What game are you playing, Mendoza?"

I pulled her flush against my body and ran my hands down her arms.

I heard her breath hitch.

One point, me.

"You have two seconds to get your hands off me, Faulkerson or else..."

"Or else what? You already put me on a fucking chokehold the first night you slept in my bed. What would you do now if I don't stop?"

She snaked one hand up to my nape and pulled my face close to hers.

It was my turn to lose my breath.

Goddamnit.

"I'm going to break off your zucchini and beat you senseless with it."

I let her go and took a step back.

"Stop touching me and we'll be fine. Now please step out so I can get changed."

She held up her hand, reached up and removed whatever was keeping her hair in a bun, undid the top three buttons of her blouse, and with her fingers, smudged up her lips.

Unfuckingbelievable.

"I'll be back in five minutes. Don't take too long."

She then stepped out of my office, and left me annoyed and completely turned on.

Fuck. my. life.

*•*•*

Author's note: Still unbeta'd. Why don't I just declare this whole damn fic unbeta'd so I won't have to keep "disclaimer-ing" yeah? Yeah.