Bonus Chapter

This is a plot twist of what could've happened I was supposed to write it I actually thought I wrote it but I guess I didn't. Anyway Enjoy

4 years later

Persia POV
"That phone call and the doctor telling me the love of my life was alive must've been the happiest day of my life. I was happy my kids 16 years old and making me smile ha sad that it was all a dream." I told my therapist as she sat and listened to me tell about an ongoing dream that seems to always end the same. It's been 4 years since August has died my kids will be 6 years old in a couple of months and here I am 4 years later still going to therapy, still having nightmares, still dreaming about my heart, still suffering from depression. Amazing isn't it, its funny how in a flash everything you've worked for, everything you thought you'd have forever, everything you could never imagine your self losing you lost. I retired from being a therapist 2 years ago but I still own my company and I have a little boutique opened called Triple A and as you guessed its in memory of August. I have had all is records and albums posted on the walls, all his pictures from photo shoots on the walls, a whole glass case of his awards and all his platinum plaques are hung up over my fireplace in my office. August was my everything and for him to really be gone hurts, not a day goes by I don't miss him and his goofiness, I would kill to hear his New Orleans accent again just to hear him call me baby or just lay in bed at night and talk about our days, our passion, our kids, our lives, and what our future together may hold. I've never cried so hard before because the day of his funeral I swear I thought the tears would never stop. The kids to young couldn't understand that their dad was gone and what really broke my heart was when my mom and mama sheila took Kacey and Kaiden to see him one last time and they cried because he wouldn't wake up, Kacey cried because he didn't call her dada baby when they play peek a boo, Kaiden cried because he didn't open his eyes and say Wassup lil man. Its sad but here I am 4 years later being strong and showing that even though I lost my soul mate I'm still pushing forward and getting better for my kids.

2 weeks later

As I look out the kitchen window and see Kacey and Kaiden playing in the sprinklers I can't help but smile softly at how much they resemble him. It's OK though because even though he's gone I have two copies of him. August taught me a lot, he made me understand and realize my past is just that the past so I can't let it dictate my life and control me I have to push forward. In the end I wasn't his therapist he was My Therapist.

Authors Note
OK so as u guys know I had a sequel than took it down if you'd guys would like I can write not a sequel but a spin off of Kacey and Kaiden's life and how they are doing from the age of 17-27 so a whole ten years of their lives. Of course I'll have the flashbacks and stuff to their child hood so you guys can see it but besides that idk all the readers I have and u guys are so inactive so please please comment and lmk what I should do.
Toodles and thank you for reading 💙