Prolouge

<9:14 PM> 

"And... yes, I haven't seen him since he left for school-" 

A green-haired, portly and anxious middle-aged woman paced around her room, on the phone. She seemed to be struggling with the painful urge not to cry.

"No- I- I don't know what happened-" 

She stopped.

"Katuski told him to WHAT?" 

Voices issued from the other end.

"I... I never would have... and you think... he might of..." 

Tears were leaking in earnest out of her eyes now. She choked back a sob.

"My... my baby... Izuku..."

She slowly sank to the floor. 

"I...I'll have to call you back..."

She clicked the END CALL button, and crumpled onto the floor in heaving sobs, pulling at her hair, skirt, trying to get herself to wake up from the awful nightmare, because it couldn't be true, her son couldn't have killed himself. What did he do to deserve this?

 What did she do to deserve this?

ishouldgofindhisfathermyhusbandmaybehecanfixthisKatsukiwhyIzukucan'tbedeadhecan'tbenonononononothisisn'thappening-

But it was. 

It was real.

Very, very painfully real.

<9:37> 

"No- I- I haven't seen him-" 

A young boy with spiky, white-ish blond hair sat in an interrogation chair at the police office, shifting in his seat. Two older policemen sat on the other side of the table, frowning at him.

"And why, Mr. Katsuki Bakugou, would you tell this individual to kill himself?" 

There was a pregnant pause.

"I don't know."

The policeman frowned.

"There must be some reason-" 

"I don't know dammit! I never thought he'd take it seriously! I never thought-" 

The young boy broke off into quiet, supressed sobs. The two men stared at him.

"That's the thing with people like you." 

The boy looked up.

"You never think."

The other policeman told the boys insulter to shush, and that the boy's gone through enough already.

But they're right. 

I never think things through.

And now, its too late.

<9:52>

The sullen young boy walked out into the lobby, red eyes not entirely concealed by the bangs he pulled in front of his face. 

He stopped. 

Standing at the door, was the deceased boy's mother.

She stared at the young boy, frozen, like a deer in headlights. He didn't want to make eye contact.  He didn't want to talk to her. 

She slowly walked up to him.

"I- I -" The boy was at a loss for words. 

"I- I know what I did was wrong- I never knew how to talk to Midoriya- I- I'm-"

The woman crouched down, so she was level with the boy's face.

"I-" He braced himself for a slap- for something-

He was met with a hug instead.

"Katsuki..." The woman looked down at the pallid, shivering boy in her arms.

"Why did you hate Izuku?" 

The boy took a deep breath. 

"I... I never hated him." The women raised an eyebrow in slight disbelief.

"The problem was I... I liked him too much... I-I hated the way he made me feel!" The boy was crying again, thick, wet tears running down his face, dripping onto the woman's shirt. 

"I... hated how powerless I felt around him- I hated how weird I felt- I just wanted it to go back to how it was!" The woman was crying too, holding his head.

"I never thought this would happen! I never would've thought... I never think..." 

The few people in the lobby were staring sympathetically at the two, but the woman only had eyes for the young boy, who underneath the brash words and fire, reminded her of her boy. 

She couldn't stay mad at him.

Not when he was sorry too.