I Take Midoriya Away To *Dramatic Pause* Funkytown

Everyone characterizes Villian Deku as being a psychotic fuckboy, but I always imagined him more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRpiBvwKX6c

Enjoy!

The phone calls had become more frequent. Midoriya answered, but sometimes, he called Bakugou. That was nice. It made Bakugou feel less needy.

They were always short, neither one divulging what they had done that day, since, if it was anything noteworthy, they'd probably already seen it on the news. But they did talk. Or, at least, Midoriya talked a lot. He really hadn't changed much.

One night, when they were having a conversation about the weather that day and a movie, another call blared through, interrupting the other.

"Who's that?" Midoriya asked.

Bakugou glanced at his phone and sighed. "It's Shouto." He mumbled.

"Who's Shouto?"

"A friend of mine." Bakugou replied tersly.

"You have friends?"

"Ha ha." Bakugou muttered, and sat down at his table. "One sec." He pressed the answer button.

"Yo." He said.

"Oh. Hi Katsuki." Shouto's voice came from the other end, masking some anger and irritation.

"Sorry for not talking in a while." Bakugou apologized, feeling a little sheepish. His elation for finding his friend had completely overtaken everything else in his life. Hopefully Shouto wasn't too mad.

"I haven't seen you in a while." Shouto muttered.

"Outside of work, yeah." It'd been a while since they'd just gone to Narisawa, just the two of them., to just hang out and be friends.

"Is that an offer?" Bakugou asked. In love with him or not, Bakugou still wanted to be friends with Shouto at least.

"Narisawa?"

"Sure. After work of course."

"Cool. Bye."

Shouto hung up. He was a man of few words. Bakugou liked that about him.

Then, the call transferred back to Midoriya. "How'd it go?" He asked.

"Fine. He just wanted to go out for dinner."

"Oh, are you two dating?"

"N-no." Bakugou's face went red. "I think he wants to date, but I don't think of him like-like that." He put his head in his hands, because god, he sounded real stupid right about now. Bakugou wanted to die.

"Oh. Um- okay. I've gotta go." the phone line went dead.

Bakugou frowned. Usually he was the one who ended the phone calls. That was weird.

                                                              -------------------------------------