Now Would Be A Good Time To Not Be Wasted, Right Denki?

"Feliz Navidad..."

Kaminari spun out of control, bumping into others and generally acting like a drunken pisshead. He wasn't alone, with a good half of the UA agency well and truly wasted, Uraraka already being too far gone for anything good to happen.

Bakugou was among the few sober people, having built up a resistance to alcohol after the fall months of depressive drinking. His new years resolution was to not drink to forget anymore. He was a hero. He couldn't afford to do that.

Todoroki was also one of the few sober people. Bakugou's eyes followed him as he slowly left the food table, and walked over to where Bakugou was standing.

"Some party, huh?" He asked in a flat tone of voice, feelings hidden under a mask of stoicity.

Bakugou nodded. "Yeah. Is this going to be a tradition from now on or something?"

Todoroki shrugged, suppressing a smile. "Quite possibly. Everyone's enjoying themselves. Even Shinsou." Sure enough, the normally reserved man was loudly singing, albeit slightly slurred, christmas carols.

"I hope baggy-eyes is still sober enough to remember that christmas is over." Bakugou muttered. That got an actual smile out of Todoroki.

"Yeah..." They lapsed off into awkward silence.

"Just a question - why aren't you drunk?" Todoroki asked, fidgeting with his thumbs. "I mean - Tsu told me you'd developed a bit of a drinking habit these last few months."

Bakugou shrugged. Since their talk on christmas, Tsuyu had become Bakugou's confident, in a sort of way. She didn't judge, and she was always real with her advice, no peter pan advice from her.

"My resolution was to drink less." He shrugged. "After a while, it just gets depressing, you know?"

Truth was, he was only doing it because he couldn't afford to lose his track in becoming the number one hero, and he couldn't do that with a hangover.

"Huh." Todoroki looked the other way, as if steeling himself for what he was about to say.

"My behavior during the summer... I'd like to apologize."

Bakugou looked up. "Huh?" He grumbled. "There's nothing to apologize for, fucking forget it."

"No -" Todoroki cut himself off, and looked down at his feet. "I mean it. I mean - it was... unprofessional."

"Hey, I got voted 'most likely to curse in front of a bunch of kids' by the public, don't you dare talk to me about unprofessional, Mr. 'Stoic Mystery Guy'." Bakugou shot back. Todoroki laughed.

"Mr. Stoic Mystery Guy." He muttered. "That's a new one."

"Maybe I'm less sober then I thought." Bakugou muttered. They both laughed at that.

Todoroki looked back at his feet again. "Just ... I felt... very strongly about you. You were the one who told me that it was my power. I wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for you."