Return To Mediocrity

A white haired boy sat in his room, the door shut, windows and blinds closed, blanket wrapped around his shrunken, shivering figure. He looked malnourished.

"Katsuki?" Someone knocked on his door.

"Katuski-" A tall, slightly agrivated woman knocked on his door.

"You can't avoid school forever, y'know." 

"I don't care." The boy replied flatly.

She entered his room, and set a bowl of curry down.

"You should at least try and eat something..." She muttered. 

He shook his head, but then she thrust the bowl at him.

"Starving yourself isn't gonna bring him back Katsuki!" 

The words seemed to bring him back to attention. He slowly took a bite of the food.

"...Tastes like shit." He muttered.

"Well," The woman started, "That 'shit' is going to keep you alive and healthy, so if I were you, I'd eat it!"

He finished it quietly.

"Good." The mother left the room.

The minute she did, the boy's stomach heaved. He vomited, spewing the contents of his meal on to the floor, and when he was finished, he groaned.

He didn't want to clean it up. But he had to.

As the boy scrubbed the floor with a washcloth, his mind rested on one phrase.

"You can't avoid school forever."

No.

But he could sure as hell try.

It's not like he cared anyways.

Bakugou hadn't even gone that far when he spotted Uraraka, looking around. 

"Katuski!!" She cried out when she saw him, and she rushed towards him with open arms. Before Bakugou even knew what was happening, she had scooped him up in a huge hug.

"We thought you'd died! We thought you'd-" Her voice cracked, and she broke down into tears.

Bakugou felt a little bit... awkward. Okay, the little part was an understatement, but he let her cry herself out until he heard someone else yell.

"BAKUGOU!" 

It was Shouto.

Oh dear.

"Bakugou- I thought you were dead! Are you okay?" Bakugou had never heard Todoroki sound this worried before. It was a little unnerving.

"Yep- just fine- how are-" 

"What happened? Where were you? Did you get taken prisoner? How many villains were there?" The two pelted Bakugou with questions until he coughed loudly to shut him up.

"I- Yes, I got taken captive." After all, the best lie was the one closest to the truth, right?

"...Did you see their leader?" Todoroki asked direly.

Bakugou flinched. He should have known this question would pop up, but he didn't really know how to answer.

'Uh yes, I saw him, and he happens to be the kid who killed himself years ago because of me? And I also happened to have some weird lack of balls to turn him in?'

Yeah. That sounded dumb even in his head.

Besides, Midoriya's threat lingered in his mind. 

"If you do... I won't be as leneint just because you're my friend."

Bakugou had no doubt that he'd follow through. he may have been nice to him, but he was also the leader of an international group of villains.

"I'm a criminal, not a villain." 

Dammit. That phrase was gonna haunt him, probably because there was some truth to it.

So what should he say?

Should he tell the truth, knowing it would help everyone else?

No.

 Not everyone.  

It'd help the heroes. 

Not everyone.

"...No." He managed to say.

Bakugou had no idea what he was doing, hell, he instantly regretted himself from doing it. 

But... part of him wanted to make sure no one found out about Midoriya so they couldn't hurt him.

Even though that man had killed many heroes, and done a lot of horrible things.

That part of Bakugou's mind scared him the most.

Both of them looked a little unconvinced, but took it. 

"Let's get you to the police station." Todoroki said.

"Home." Bakugou replied bluntly.

"But you should-" 

"Home." Bakugou said with more force in his voice, which took the others aback.

Slowly, Uraraka nodded. "Home it is."

When they got to the house, Bakugou bid them a hasty farewell. He quickly ran inside, and shut the door. 

How had he gotten away with this?

Granted, the two did seem a little suspicious, but they didn't question him any further, which disturbed Bakugou even more. 

Why would he lie to his two best friends- for a guy he hardly even knew anymore?

Even worse, despite all Midoriya had said to him, why did he still feel the strange urge to protect him? 

Bakugou hadn't even realized he was starting to gag, a nervous vomit reflex he had developed after third grade. After high school, he'd done a better job of keeping it under wraps, but he couldn't hold it any longer. He raced to the bathroom, and puked, throwing up everything he had eaten in the past day. After he had finished, he wiped his mouth. His stomach ached, and he wanted nothing more then to lie down and sleep. 

But he couldn't. 

He didn't want to let himself sleep. Not after all he'd seen. 

But part of him really wanted to, and hope that'd he'd wake up from this great, and terrible dream.

But, deep in his guts, he knew it was real.

And he hated himself for liking it.