Nobody's Fool

It was his first hit and run.

Just go inside the store Midoriya, snatch and grab, nothing too hard, Yui was right, you can do this-

Midoriya was going to throw up. Then, he swallowed his nerves, and steeled himself.

On the count of three.

Three beats until he plunged into crime.

One...

Two...

Three!

And Midoriya was off like a shot.

Bakugou's days had blended together. Nothing really changed in his routine.

He'd wake up, shower, patrol, eat lunch, patrol, go home, eat, train, call, sleep. Wake up, rinse, and repeat.

At this point, Bakugou had given up hope that Deku would answer. The calls to his bar had sort of become routine, a pattern, if you will. Something he could just cross off his mental checklist of 'Things I Need To Do Each Day In Order To Function'.

Nothing really important. Some Days, he forgot why he was calling at all.

But then he'd sleep. And he'd dream.

School memories would flood up in droves, images of the same, stupid, smiling face, and every harsh, condemning word Bakugou had ever said came to light, and Bakugou would wake up on the floor, or tangled in the sheets of his bed, heart pounding.

This whole situation was the shitty nerd's fault.

Fuck this, fuck everything, and fuck Deku in particular.

Then, one day, almost a month after his capture, it happened.

The phone was ringing, nestled between Bakugou's shoulder and ear, as he stood by the microwave, reheating his leftovers.

Then, a familiar voice answered.

"He...llo?"

Bakugou dropped his plate.

"Shit- hold up-" He snatched up his food, laying all over the floor, and Deku's voice came out of the receiver, "Did you drop something?"

"Yeah- fuck-"

"I am so sorry, maybe this wasn't the best time to call-"

"It's fine!" Bakugou roared into the receiver.

Silence.

"Don't yell like that Bakugou, I'll let you know when I want my eardrums blown off."

Back to the last names I see.

"Hi." He said, as nonchalantly as he could when his hands were shaking.

"H-Hi." Deku's equally nervous voice replied.

More awkward silence.

"I... can I speak with you tomorrow?"

Bakugou's heart leapt into his throat.

"Uh-what." Bakugou deadpanned.

"Just-" He could hear Deku's audible sigh from the other end.

"Please? Just this once. At the park, by that ramen restaurant you and I used to go to?"