19: "Leave me alone."

Please read this whole thing before reading the new chapter :)

I would just like to say that there is some drug use in this chapter. PLEASE, do not do drugs and just because the character says they've tried it before and it's okay does NOT mean it is okay and that you guys should try it, ok? Drugs are not okay and everything in here is fiction. I do NOT support drug use or any other type of self-destructive behavior; everything is for the sake of the story. Be cautious and smart :)

Before the chapter next week, I decided to make sort of a tiny 'Cold Water Q&A' chapter, in which you guys ask me question about the story/character/everything and I will put them all together and post it. It will not count as the weekly chapter next week!

I saw that a lot of you are asking me stuff about how I came up with the idea, about the characters, and even questions about myself, so I decided of doing sort of an 'interview/Q&A'. So ask me anything, either in the comments, on Twitter (ronniebennett94), on Snapchat (ronniebennett94), on Tumblr (ronniebennett94), on Instagram (ronniebennett94), on Wattpad or the characters' pages that I put at the end of the chapters.

I thought you guys would be interested in that sort of thing, and I would be more than happy to answer all your questions about anything, personal or about the story!

So, after you read this, feel free to ask me anything about myself or the books :)

Happy reading :D

---

Previously on chapter 18:

"Look, I'm sorry." I start.

I know that apologizing means admitting I did something wrong and maybe I wasn't the only one who did something wrong, but in a way, it was my fault and I just want to get it over with.

"For what?" he asks, clearly completely taken aback by my apology.

"For everything."

Then, after I short pause and two drags from the cigarette, I add: "I understand."

"What?"

"I understand Niall. Everything you ever told me, every single reason you gave me as to why you're still with her and why 'us' isn't such a good idea, finally makes sense."

"What?"

He still can't process everything I've just told him.

"I don't get it." he adds.

"I mean, I understand where you're coming from and I understand that you moved on and I understand that we would never work. And I'm fucking finally okay with it." I say, smiling. "Niall, I'm sorry for all those times I didn't listen and for all those times I still tried and just annoyed you."

"It's-it's fine." Niall says, not really knowing what else to say.

"I'm honestly sorry. I was a bitch when I kept butting into your relationship, but I just couldn't accept the fact that I still hadn't gotten over it...you. But I'm fine now, and I've moved on."

He looks at me for a few seconds and I take another drag before I continue my speech.

"I'm sorry, and I just wanted to let you know that we're okay, and from now on we're going to be just normal, platonic friends. I'm finally happy. It's okay."

He looks at me as he puts out his cigarette in one of the ashtrays.

"Renee, it's never going to be okay."