29: "You're drunk."

Happy reading, and don't forget to comment throughout the stories because I read ALL the comments and take notes x

----

Previously on chapter 28:

We stay silent for a while, staring at the ceiling. If I couldn't hear his breathing, I'd think he fell asleep.

"I'd like to change my answer." He says.

"Which one?"

"To the question about my biggest fear."

I smile. "What are you more afraid of than that?"

"You."

I snort. "What? I scare you? You're literally a head taller than I am."

"Not in that way." He says and I bet he's rolling his eyes right now.

"In what way then?"

"You just...know stuff. About me. And it makes me feel vulnerable."

"So you're still afraid of being vulnerable, not me."

"No, I'm afraid of you."

I pout. "Come on, I'm not that scary."

"Yeah you are." He breathes. "Terrifying. You tell me things that I don't even think about but then again I feel them. I mean, I don't know how to explain it."

"I understand what you mean." I lick my lips. "But you know I'd never do anything to hurt you, right?"

"Maybe not on purpose." He says.

"Never on purpose. I'd never hurt anyone. Let alone someone I...care about."

"You care about me?" he asks and I can hear his smirk as he tries to lighten the mood.

"Of course I do, you idiot."

He softly kicks me under the covers and I kick him back.

"So I think I'm going to do the Disneyland thing." I say, because I don't want our conversation to end yet. "And you need to bring Eddie along, he'll love it."

"He'll cry." He laughs.

"I'll cry, Disneyland is like my favorite place ever."

"Of course it is."

I frown. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I noticed your Mickey Mouse keychain on your car keys and the smudged Belle sticker in your car. Or the stuffed monkey from Aladdin in your bedroom."

"Shit." I laugh. "I forgot about that Belle sticker on my car dashboard."

"So I think you'll be just as excited about being there as my five-year-old brother. More, even."

"Yeah probably." I laugh.

"Which is your favorite princess?"

"Belle, definitely." I answer. "Which is yours?"

"I don't know, I don't really watch Disney movies."

"Liar." I say.

"Fine, I don't know. I kind of like Jazmine from Aladdin."

"Hmm, good choice." I say and yawn as I stretch my legs before I turn on my side, facing away from him. "Good night."

"Good night." He says.